Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
In Exercise of the powers conferred by Section 11(2) of the Public Audit Act, 2015, I, Uhuru Kenyatta, President of the Republic of Kenya and Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Forces, declare a vacancy in the position of the Auditor-General and invite applications from qualified persons for nomination for appointment to the office.
To be qualified for appointment as the Auditor-General, a person is required to:-
- be a citizen of Kenya;
- have extensive knowledge of public finance, or at least ten (10) years’ experience in auditing or public finance management;
- hold a degree in finance, accounting or economics from a University recognized in Kenya;
- meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and,
- be a practicing member of good standing of a professional body of accountants recognised by law.
A person is not eligible for appointment as the Auditor-General if such person:-
- is a member of Parliament or County Assembly;
- is an official of a governing body of a political party;
- is an undischarged bankrupt; and,
- has been removed from office for contravention of any law.
Interested candidates may apply manually (hard copy) or electronically (online) as follows:-
- All applications should be submitted together with detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of identity card or passport, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents.
- Manual applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Application for the post of Auditor-General” and delivered to:-
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 30095 – 00100
Online applications should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be received by 5.00 p.m on the 9th September, 2019. Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interview:-
- National identity card or passport;
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Any other relevant supporting documents and testimonials;
Clearances from the following bodies:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations.