Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Media jobs, Advertising jobs, Branding jobs,
Head Of Communication
To develop and coordinate technical and corporate communication-related activities including media, communications, public relations, advocacy and education, corporate social responsibilities, events branding, and promotion of the National AIDS Control Council mandate, brand, image, and visibility.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Serve as an Adviser to NACC management on all communication related policies, strategies, guidelines, and programmes.
- Initiate the development and review of communications policies and strategies for the HIV response.
- Monitor media and public policy trends and issues to advise on effective media engagement in the HIV response, recommended interventions and mitigating factors.
- Develop, monitor, and frequently update electronic and in-person networking tools/platforms to create relationships and ultimately build the Agency’s brand.
- Manage the internal repository of all NACC Communication materials.
- Develop appropriate communication materials for stakeholder sensitisation
- Transform HIV technical resources into user friendly materials and facilitate dissemination.
- Plan corporate events and manage the brand and visibility of the NACC.
- Develop and apply appropriate metrics to measure effectiveness and impact of communication activities at the NACC.
- Manage development and dissemination of periodic communication publications at the NACC.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis research and design appropriate corporate communication approaches.
- Manage media relations, communications and build relations with stakeholders.
- Collate and prepare appropriate content and publications for public dissemination.
- Liaise with other departments to frequently review and generate relevant information, education, and communication materials.
- Lead on public relations and promote a positive corporate image of the NACC
- Lead in identification and implementation of the NACC corporate social responsibility programmes.
- Design social media policy and manage all aspects of digital media and communications
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management.
- Master’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or their equivalent
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant experience in media management with 3 of these years in a supervisory role.
- At least five years newsroom experience as a writer and/or editor.
- Experience as a health writer or editor is an added advantage.
- Experience in the development of information, education, and communications materials
- Experience in working with multi-sectoral diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in electronic and print media management
Key qualities and competencies
- Team worker
- Ability to under strict deadlines to deliver high quality work.
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent editing skills
- Media, message, and appropriate target groups research skills.
- Public relations skills.
- Advocacy skills.
- Networking and influencing skills.
- Capacity to engage media stakeholder
- Supervisory skills
- Demonstrated ability to work diplomatically, harmoniously, and effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Capacity to build a story and grow its momentum
The above positions are on three (3) year renewable contact basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal. The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team. If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies ofcertificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by 5:00 p.m on Monday, October 18, 2021 to the address provided below.
In addition to the indicated requirements all candidates will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity.
This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity for Public Servants
- Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200