Earn 200K Working With NGOs
UN, UNDP, World Bank, UNESCO, WHO, USAID
Get the details click here
Managerial Jobs, Kenya Fisheries Service (KeFS) Jobs
- The Kenya Fisheries Service (KeFS) is a body corporate established under the Fisheries Management and Development Act No. 35 of 2016. The purpose of the Service is to conserve, manage and develop Kenya fisheries and aquatic resources.
VACANCY NO. 1/2020: DG/CEO-KF 1
- Terms of Service: Pensionable
- Salary scale : Ksh. 256,000.00 – 340,000.00 p.m
- House Allowance : Ksh. 80,000.00 p.m
- Extraneous Allowance : Ksh. 60,000.00 p.m
- Entertainment Allowance : Ksh. 65,000.00 p.m
- Domestic Servant Allowance : Ksh. 15,600.00 p.m
- Leave Entitlement : 30 Days per financial year
- Medical Benefits : as existing in the civil service
- The Director General/Chief Executive Officer will provide strategic and visionary leadership in conservation, management and development of fisheries and other aquatic resources as provided for in the Fisheries Management and Development Act of 2016.
- The successful candidate is expected to bring about transformational change to Kenya Fisheries Service.
- Must have at least fifteen (15) years relevant work experience, five (5) of which must be in Senior management role;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Fisheries, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management/Science, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Fisheries Studies, Microbiology, Biological Sciences, Bio Chemistry, Zoology, Aquatic Science, Food Science and Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;from a recognized University;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Fisheries, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management/Science, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Fisheries Studies, Microbiology, Biological Sciences, Bio Chemistry, Zoology, Aquatic Science, Food Science and Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;Engineering in a related field from a recognized University;
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrate clear knowledge and understanding of the fisheries sector, national development goals, policies and strategies and the ability to link them to Kenya Vision 2030; Public Finance Management Act, 2012, Public Procurement and Asset Disposals Act, 2015, Code of Governance for State Corporations, Performance Contract and requirements of the Kenya Constitution 2010 among others;
- Acquired wide experience in all aspects of Fisheries management and is fully conversant with the Fisheries Management and Development Act of 2016; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
(IMPORTANT:These easy online jobs are a great place to start if you want to earn some extra money from home, but don't have a lot of work experience.Part Time, Full Time, Remote Work Here are 21 Best Online Jobs - Beginners and Intermediate Guide to Making Money Online)
Key competencies and skills
The successful candidate is expected to possess the following key competencies:
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills in conservation, management and development of fisheries and other
- aquatic resources;Demonstrate ability to network and mobilize resources;
- Demonstrate prudent financial management skills;
- Ability to bring transformational change and manage conflict;
- Provide strategic linkages with the corporate world, business community, government agencies and other partners for the benefit of the Service;
- Demonstrate strategic and innovative thinking, and in procession of timely decision making with ability to meet strict deadlines; and
- Be a visionary and result-oriented team leader with strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, negotiation and effective communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director General who is the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the day to day management and operations of Kenya Fisheries Service (KeFS). The successful candidate will be responsible to the Board of Management for the following:
- Providing effective strategic direction on business related proposals and resource mobilization for Kenya Fisheries Service activities and the fisheries sector;
- Providing strategic leadership in the development, implementation and review of the Kenya Fisheries Service strategic,
- business and annual plans to achieve Kenya Fisheries Service ’s mandate;
- Secretary to the Board and custodian of the Kenya Fisheries Service seal.
- Ensuring prudent management of Kenya Fisheries Service resources;
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of Board decisions and resolutions;
- Ensuring development and implementation of policies, strategies and internal control systems for delivery of effective
- and quality service to internal and external clients;
- Advising the Board on the performance of Kenya Fisheries Service score mandate and functions;
- Advising the Cabinet Secretary responsible for fisheries on policies and strategies relating to management, conservation and development of fisheries;
- Initiating development of strategic partnerships and collaborations with the National and County Governments, development partners and other like-minded institutions;
- Ensuring effective communication between management and the Board, as well as between different levels of management and stakeholders;
- Ensuring development and approval of the budget;
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and legal obligations;
- Fostering a culture that promotes ethical practice within the Kenya Fisheries Service;
- Ensuring succession management and employee growth and development;
- Ensure that Kenya Fisheries Service leverages on ICT in service delivery; and
- Any other responsibility as may be necessary to achieve the mandate of the Service.
Tenure of Office
- The Director General/Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed on a contract of up to four (4) years renewable once subject
- to performance. The Board deserves the right to terminate the contract prematurely depending on performance. The remuneration attached to this position shall be determined according to the provisions of Section 5 (3) of the State Corporations Act
- Cap 446 and the Guidelines on Terms and Conditions of Service for State Corporations.
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
How to Apply:
- A soft copy of the application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating names of three referees and their full contacts, copy of national identity card, and certified copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials;
- Other requirements:
- PDF copies of certificate of good conduct issued by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
- clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board, Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority and
- clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
All applications must be addressed to: The Chairman, Kenya Fisheries Service, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) Building, P.O. Box 48511-00100, Nairobi and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To be considered, the aforementioned application must be received not later than 4th September 2020 by 5.00 p.m. East African Time.
- Applications without the relevant qualifications and supporting documents as required will not be considered.
- KeFS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The advertisement can also be accessed on the Kenya Fisheries Service Website: www.kenyafisheriesservice.go.ke or
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives Website: www.kilimo.go.ke
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview