Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Public Service Commission Jobs, Ministry of Water & Sanitation and Irrigation Jobs
IRRIGATION SECRETARY – ONE (1) POST V/NO.46/2020
- Salary Scale: Ksh.166,780 – Ksh.322,040 p.m. CSG ‘4’
- Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable/Contract
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- a cumulative Service of Twenty two (22) years in Irrigation Directorate or any other related field, one (1) year of which must have been either in the grade of Director/Chief Engineer (Irrigation and Drainage); Director/Chief Engineer Water Harvesting and Storage); Director Land Reclamation; or Director Irrigation Water Management , Job Group S (CSG 5) ;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Civil Engineering, Water and Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Agricultural Resource Management, Agriculture and Home Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural and Bio-Systems Engineering, Soil and Water Engineering; or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Civil Engineering, Irrigation Water Management, Land and Water Management, Agronomy, Soil Science, Horticulture, Business Administration, Crop Protection, Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Engineering Systems, Land and Water Engineering, Soil and Water Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Management, Water Resources Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Water Engineering Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- being a member of a relevant professional body where applicable;
- demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results; and demonstrated a thorough understanding of national goals, policies and objectives and the ability to relate them to the irrigation and water function
Duties and Responsibilities
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Principal Secretary for formulating appropriate statutory and policy framework and providing leadership in the Irrigation Water Management Directorate. Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- providing overall policy direction and spearheading the implementation of programmes and projects;
- overseeing the development, review and implementation of relevant policies, strategies, guidelines, standards and regulations; planning, directing, coordinating, monitoring and implementing all programmes related to the irrigation function;
- overseeing environmental and socio-economic surveys on the viability of programmes and projects;
- promoting public-private partnership; collaborating with development partners to promote the irrigation water management function; and establishing networks and linkages with the relevant stakeholders; and
- overseeing the development and Implementation of Departmental budget, strategic plan, work plans, and procurement plans; managing financial resources and ensuring their prudent utilization; ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity; overseeing performance management of the departments; and overall management and development of staff
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
- Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL
- the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Applications should reach the Commission on or before 11th May, 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
- Click Here for other job openings
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview