Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Managerial Jobs, Government Jobs
- The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY SECRETARY Director Alcoholics Drinks Control Management, Job Group ‘R’- 1 Post
Duties and responsibilities
The Director will be reporting to the Chief Officer, Governor’s Office and will be responsible for the following:
- Ex-Official Member and Secretary to the County Alcoholics Drinks Regulation Committee.
- Administration of the alcoholics Drinks Control and Management Fund.
- Supporting and facilitating County and Sub- County Alcoholic Drinks
- Regulation Committee in carrying out their functions.
- Facilitate and ensure Public Education on Alcoholics Drinks Control in the County directly and in collaboration with other public or private bodies and institutions.
- Facilitating citizen participation in matters related to Alcoholic Drinks
- Control in accordance with established laws.
- Facilitating and promoting in collaboration with other county and National Government institutions and establishment of treatment and rehabilitation facilities and programmes.
- Carrying out research directly or in collaboration with other institutions and serve as the repository of data and statistics related to Alcoholics Drinks Control.
- Developing in collaboration with other relevant County and National Government departments strategies and plans for implementation of the County Alcoholics Drinks and Management Act.
- Advising the Executive Member on the exercise on County Policy and laws to be adopted in regard to the production, manufacture, sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks.
- In collaboration with other relevant county departments, prepare and submit reports as per requirements of applicable laws.
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of this County Alcoholic, Drinks and Management Act.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirement for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors degree in Management, Administration or
- any other Social Science in a relevant field from a University
- recognized in Kenya.
- Have relevant experience of not less than five (5) years in Public/
- Private/ Senior Administration and Management.
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant field and proven experience
- in a regulatory framework will be an added advantage.
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT, PUBLIC WORKS, INFRASTRACTURE AND ENERGY Superintending Engineer (Roads) Job Group ‘M’ – 1 Post
Duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and supervising construction of civil/ road works.
- Preparing tender documents and cost estimates for civil/ road works.
- Preparing contract document for civil/ road works.
- Undertaking measurement of work done on site.
- Preparing interim and final accounts for civil/ road works.
- Analyzing and evaluating claims arising from contract on civil/ road works.
- Preparing work plans and reports on civil/ road work.
- Supervising staff in the roads and transport directorate.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirement for appointment
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Possess a minimum experience of six (6) years in road engineering or in a relevant field in Public service or in the private sector
- Be a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution in Kenya.
- Be registered by the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya (ERB)
- Possess current valid annual Practicing licence from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya.
- Possess corporate membership with the institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
Terms of service
- Three (3) years contract.
Salary and benefits
- Salary will be as per the regulations by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
The following clearance certificates should be attached to the
- A Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate;
- A Valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- A Credit Reference Bureau Clearance Certificate from a recognized
- A Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate;
- A Clearance Form from Ethics & Anti-corruption commission of Kenya
How to Apply
- Hard copy of duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
P.O BOX 90-10100,
CELLPHONE: 0745342000 / 0733977003
- All applications (hard delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 7th April 2020 at 5.00pm
- Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be
through the above provided address and cellphone.
- The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment
exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for
payment or favor should be reported to the police for appropriate
- The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer
- People living with disability are encouraged to apply
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Board.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview