How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
State Department For Tourism Director Of Tourism Policy & Promotion – One (1)
Post V/No. 84/2019
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 132,000. –195,410 P.M.
(Job Group ‘S’)
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served for a cumulative period of fifteen (15) years, of which an aggregate of at least three (3) years should have been in the grade of Deputy Director, Tourism Policy & Promotion, Job group ‘R’ and/or Senior Assistant Director, Tourism Policy & Promotion, Job group ‘Q’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism or Hospitality, Economics, Public Policy and Administration, or relevant Social Sciences from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Masters degree in any of the following fields: Tourism, Hospitality, Law, Sustainable Development, Public Policy and Administration, Strategic Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Planning and Development, Public Administration, Policy Development, Risk Management, Disaster Management, Security Studies, Forensic Studies, Sociology, Safety Management, Strategic Planning and Development, Commerce (Marketing Option) and Research Methodologies, or any other relevant discipline from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks in a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capacity as reflected in work performance;
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of tourism policy and promotion; and
- Demonstrated compliance with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya and the Leadership and Integrity Act 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guiding development, formulation and reviewing of national tourism policies, regulations and guidelines for tourism promotion and management;
- Interpretation and implementation of National Tourism policies, legislation, plans and strategies;
- Developing and coordinating sectorial implementation of the National Tourism Blueprint (NTB 2030) and Kenya’s vision 2030 programmes and projects;
- Promotion of Kenya as a premier tourist destination;
- Setting national goals, targets and indicators for sustainable tourism development.
- Development of tourism standards, norms and guidelines;
- Developing and implementing a five year tourism strategy;
- Mainstreaming tourism policy issues into the National Development Policies, Goals and Objectives;
- Development and implementation of tourism partnership and promotion programmes;
- Promotion of tourism security in collaboration with other key enforcement agencies;
- Collaborating with county governments on tourism policy and promotion matters;
- Overseeing the organization of meetings with stakeholders on tourism policy; and
- Overseeing, monitoring and evaluation on the effectiveness of the implementation of the national tourism policies plans, strategies and tourism act by the various actors
How to apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown above.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- Online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke OR (By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 20th August 2019 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).