Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
US Embassy Jobs, Jobs in Kenya, Visa Assistant Job,
The Embassy of the United States of America to Kenya, located in Nairobi, is home to the diplomatic mission of the United States to the Republic of Kenya. The embassy opened in central Nairobi on 2 March 1964, when the United States established diplomatic relations with Kenya.
The job holder serves in the Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV) Unit. Performs a full range of NIV services for Kenya, South Sudan and Somalia according to a complex set of immigration laws, polices and workload priorities. Reviews applications and prepares cases for the Consular Officer.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Processes visa cases from start to finish including data entry and review, recordkeeping, printing and quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy in support of national security objectives. The position also involves translation duties, the handling of sensitive personal information, and the use of multiple computer databases and applications. Incumbent is the primary drafter of correspondence and point of contact with the public and requests for security advisory opinion.
Incumbent will serve as a backup for the Immigrant Visa (IV) unit or American Citizen Services (ACS) unit as needed.
The incumbent reports to, and is supervised and rated by, the Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) NIV Supervisor and reviewed by the Deputy Consul General.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of office clerical work, involving public contact / customer service is required.
- Must have knowledge of pertinent Kenyan laws, customs, religions and other local factors affecting visa eligibility. Must have knowledge of general principles of filing, general office procedures, and customer service experience.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Two years College studies is required.
- English Level IV (Fluent, Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required. (This may be tested).
- Kiswahili Level III (Good working knowledge, Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required.
How To Apply
Closing Date: 2 September. 2022