Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Finance jobs, Business related jobs, Economics jobs, Computer Science jobs,IT jobs,Software development jobs,
E T Temporary
Duties and Accountabilities:
Experienced ET Temporary staff providing direct support to staff working in the Country Office.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
•Works directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the root cause of a problem and the customer’s comfort level with technology. Can assess complex, non-routine problems in their area of specialization.
•Supports and maintains the end user environment. This may include assessing, deploying, and implementing hardware and software upgrades.
•Documents, maintains, and enhances work processes and standards in the area, including documenting procedures for troubleshooting and incident resolution/solution.
•Participates in facilities work and vendor management, as part of CO administrative teams. Participates in security and business continuity activities. Troubleshoots, provide workarounds, and permanent fixes to issues identified in the end user environment. Provides technical solutions to imaging and post-install issues.
•Supports installation, maintenance, upgrades to local networks and communications infrastructure.
•Disseminates information on common problems to department staff.
•Tracks trending of issues and escalate, as appropriate.
The ET Temporary staff will be the front-line contact for IT vis-a-vis staff in the office. S/he will respond to their questions and inquiries and provide requested information and assistance. S/he will support and maintain workstation software and deliver related services. S/he provides IT support, analysis, troubleshooting, and informal training on Bank-standard hardware and software. S/he will also provide basic support on IT infrastructure and networking products.
Other responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
Provide technical support to end users of institutional standard software such as Windows10, Office 365, Outlook, One Drive, Word, Excel PowerPoint and remote access through VPN and RDP.
•Coordinate, plan and schedule the installation and deployment of new images, software/hardware upgrades, and fixes.
•As part of the Emergency Management Team, assist in Business Continuity procedures: Verify backup systems and implement as necessary backup and restore procedure.
•Provide feedback on new software, hardware and services performance and testing.
•Document incident/problem status and resolution in tracking system (Service Now). Document solutions to common problems and respond to frequently asked questions.
•Maintain office inventory of IT related equipment and software licenses, monitoring institutional charges against that inventory.
•Collaborate with the other IT team members in support of Regional and Institutional technical initiatives.
•Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community to include LAN/WAN, IP, VoIP, 3G/4G mobile devices, video conferencing and wireless environment.
•Provide direction and timely training to end users in software and network usage with an emphasis on guidelines and policies where applicable.
•Promote information security awareness and Institutional guidelines and policies for information security within the unit.
•Configure, install, and update Bank-standard hardware and software, peripheral equipment, and other desktop or portable computing devices.
•Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues. Seek technical assistance or escalate issues with the appropriate group as necessary and follow-up to ensure resolution.
•Implement software or hardware changes to rectify any issues.
•Document procedures and solutions to common technical problems.
•Provide on-the-spot training to clients, promoting the effective use of technology.
•Support other team members in the scheduling and management of video conferences, webinars and conferencing events using Cisco Webex, Jabber and codec solutions.
•Provide solutions and IT support services within the Institutional standards framework and in compliance with Bank IT policies and best practices.
•Ensure that Bank information and information systems are protected in a manner consistent with Bank information security policy, procedures, and standards.
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 3 years of relevant experience or Associate degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
•Demonstrates general knowledge of hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
•High comfort level with IT systems including: Windows 10; Office 365; Outlook 2013; MS-Office 2010/2013; Remote Access solutions and VPN; Cisco videoconferencing codecs, Cisco Jabber, Cisco VMR and Cisco WebEx; mobile devices (iOS and Android); Service Now; Cloud solutions and collaboration tools such as OneDrive, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint.
•Ability to work in a team environment and across organizational boundaries, as well as to handle multiple projects, and coordinate with outside vendors.
•Similar past work experience in the country of this advertisement or the sub-region.
•Past work experience with IT change management, technology deployments and asset disposal work within office environments.
•High comfort level supporting mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets from both iOS and Android platforms.
•Business level language skills in English is expected.
•Ability to prioritize workload balance conflicting demands and willingness to work extended hours in support of time-critical projects.
•A strong customer orientation and proven ability to deal with staff calmly in a high-pressured environment, including the ability to promote and facilitate cooperation within the organization and with clients.
•Good communication and presentation skills — both verbal and written.
•Highest ethical standards.
•Proven ability to work in a team environment.
•Emphasis on follow-through and accountability.
•Reliability and punctuality.
•Willingness and ability to perform under periods of high client service demand and associated work stress.
•An upbeat, positive attitude and willingness to learn and help others.
•Flexibility and being able to adapt to new situations.
Senior Investment Officer – Africa Regional Industry Climate Lead for MAS
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
In the FY21-25 Climate Change Action Plan (CCAP), the World Bank Group has committed to integrate climate and development, prioritize action in five key systems (energy, manufacturing, transportation, agribusiness, and cities), and drive climate finance to achieve maximum results in terms of greenhouse gas emissions reduction and helping countries and private sector clients adapt to the impacts of climate change. In line with this, IFC has further increased its ambition and is committing to
(i) ramp up climate finance to achieve an average of 35% of own account commitments in climate-related business over FY21-25, and
(ii) align new investments with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
The Africa Climate Lead for the Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) sectors is a new role within IFC’s Africa Regional Industry group. The ideal candidate will have significant investment experience in climate-related finance in the MAS sectors and in the Africa region. The candidate will play a key role in
(i) business development to identify climate business investment opportunities in the MAS sectors,
(ii) structuring climate investments, and
(iii) designing new products and financing structures that can drive climate business.
The Africa MAS Climate Lead will report to the Regional Industry Director, with a dotted reporting line to the Climate Business Development and Strategy Manager in IFC’s Climate Business Department (CBD). The position will be based in the Africa regional hub offices in Dakar or Nairobi.
The Africa MAS Climate Lead will coordinate closely with staff across the region, as well as with Global Industry Departments and Upstream where relevant, to undertake the following:
• Identify new climate investment opportunities in the MAS sectors.
• Play a key role to both develop and promote climate products, tools, and services (e.g. sustainability-linked, green, and blue loans and bonds, and green buildings, as well decarbonization strategies), including climate finance structures, including to support IFC’s own Paris Alignment efforts, as well as clients’ strategies for decarbonization.
• Work with regional investment teams to ensure that each prospective investment is viewed through a climate lens by identifying elements that enhance climate impact.
• Work with IFC investment, upstream, and advisory teams in the region to ensure close coordination on climate efforts.
• Serve as a bridge between the regional industry group and CBD, including disseminating knowledge, coordinating, and delivering climate-related events and training, and contributing to knowledge management by identifying and sharing regional insights and lessons learned.
• Master’s degree in finance, business and/or economics or equivalent, with a strong grasp of core business, economic and financial concepts and understanding of development issues and impact.
• A minimum of 12 years of experience in investment banking, a private sector corporate or multilateral development bank focused on climate finance, ideally with emerging markets experience.
• Strong track record in structuring debt and/or equity investments with a focus on climate finance instruments and mechanisms.
• Deep understanding of climate business opportunities, gained through working in the private sector in areas relevant to climate business (e.g., renewable energy, transport and logistics, real estate, agriculture, manufacturing, decarbonization strategies and climate tech).
• Excellent knowledge of the climate business space and on the latest trends, new developments, and opportunities with a view to convert them into investment opportunities.
• Good network amongst climate professionals within the region.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and “connect the dots” and to operate in a matrixed structure.
• Excellent analytical skills and sound judgement.
• Strong communications skills, including the ability to present complex climate issues to varying audiences.
• Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments and to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to work in teams across organizational boundaries within a multi-cultural environment.
• Fluency in spoken and written English; French and/or Arabic desired.
• Willingness to travel on a regular basis to developing countries.