Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Forestry jobs, Geography jobs, Natural Resources Management jobs, Business Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Management jobs,
Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund International, Kenya
VisionFund is World Vision’s microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive.
Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
The Chief Executive Officer will lead the Kenya Micro Finance Institution (MFI), in creating a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks. The position will manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets. The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with World Vision to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation. As a Christian VisionFund leader, facilitate the spiritual and professional development of MFI CEOs and direct reports with the following major responsibilities:
- To ensure that the vision, and mission, purpose, goals, objectives, outputs and policies set by the Board and approved by VFI are fully implemented, complied with and met.
- Achievement of annual targets and strategic goals.
- Fund Sourcing
- Financial and Risk Management
- Effective integration with WV and any other Partnerships (both local and international) and effective promotion of the organization’s relations
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building
- Policy formulation and compliance with local regulations and VFI policies
- Appointing Authority & Governance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum a Master degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field
- Must have at least ten years of working experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, agricultural economics/development, or economic and business development institution
- Must have a clear understanding of micro finance industry and technology
- Must have worked experience in regulatory environment and better with institution that intermediate savings.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Capability and willingness to lead the organization forward
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Very good communication and marketing skills
- Very good knowledge in economic and financial topics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to World Vision’s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core Values is mandatory.
- Master’s degree, preferably in banking or business administration.
- Experience in Credit Risk oversight and reporting.
- Experience as microfinance practitioner/manager, and track record in producing good credit performance.
- Experience in the broader Risks MFIs face.
- Experience working closely with MFIs in East-Africa region and contexts in particular Kenya.
Program Officer- Carbon Development
Technical support in Project design and Quality Assurance (45%)
- Provide effective technical support to the Child Learning and Household Resilience (CLHHR) Technical Program teams on integration of carbon-related components in landscape restoration projects.
- Provide effective technical support to project teams on carbon project design and project cycle management. Additionally, in collaboration with field project teams; support the carbon management cycle in the two track cycle of carbon related projects
- Develop an overarching framework (based on different land tenure systems), to analyse carbon rights/ benefit-sharing under different programming contexts for World Vision Kenya (WVK).
- Guide the organization on effectiveness (especially environmental effectiveness), efficiency (economic efficiency and promotion of investment) and equity implications of carbon rights and benefit-sharing systems.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to undertake actions related to GHG and carbon feasibility studies, project design document development, and GHG and carbon certification technical assistance
- Support in the management of project team activities including the preparation of project work plans, schedules, budgets, technical activities, and coordination of technical staff and sub-consultants to ensure efficient carbon programming
- Analyse carbon markets, standards and certification parameters to support decision mechanisms for carbon-related projects.
- Guide the organization on carbon credit modelling, monitoring and measurement frameworks.
- Integration of carbon-related landscape restoration and management elements in Child Learning and HH Resilience TP Design and/or yearly Annual Operation Plan (AOPs, DIPs, Annual Budgets)
- Support programs/projects to ensure that high quality Technical program/Project Designs are in place while mainstreaming climate mitigation in the project/programs
- Ensure carbon development elements are properly integrated in environmental and climate action strategic and operational plans and are rolled out across the organization.
- Support WVK in making policy and strategy level decisions on carbon programming within the context of the organizational strategy and the WV environmental stewardship policy.
Program Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning, Reporting and Innovation (20%)
- Develop an internal capacity building plan and support capacity building of relevant departments and staff on carbon programming.
- Enhance skills and capacities of staff and partners in climate mitigation and carbon development strategies, successful models and approaches in the Child Learning and HH Resilience TP and other TPs.
- Contribute to regular learning forums to profile, communicate and ensure adoption of promising practices as well as disseminate strategic carbon project development and management guidelines
- Support documentation and communication of best practice and lessons from carbon programmes.
- Ensure interpretation and utilization of assessment, baselines, evaluations and verification on quality of designs
- Strengthen research, learning, documentation and dissemination of WVK work on carbon project outcomes
- Ensure development of standardized monitoring tools for tracking carbon project result indicators.
- Upscale and support WVK’s current work and integration on DRR and Climate Action within and among WVK’s areas of operation
- Facilitate Regions and Programs to develop high quality integrated landscape restoration and carbon-related climate action projects through conceptualization, innovation, development and planning
- Gather data at National level for reporting on climate mitigation (MMR, Semi-Annual, Annual Reports) and CWB Annual Report
- Conduct trainings for staff on emerging/contemporary trends on carbon programming for increased awareness and integration.
Grants Acquisition (20%)
- Lead in development and utilization of MOUs / working agreements with sector strategic, funding and program/project implementation partners for carbon projects
- Participate in Go-No Go Processes, write ups, meeting with prospective donors and submission of concepts/proposals
- Support project impact analysis including project environmental and social impact assessment during proposal stages to inform Go/NoGo decisions on carbon-related projects.
- Technically support Resource Acquisition & Management (RAM) team to develop proposals/concepts to prospective donors and SOs for carbon-related projects as per the yearly set targets;
- Physically present/defend carbon development proposals to donors in coordination with RAM when required
- Respond effectively to calls and queries by donors and SOs on key Concepts/Proposals in liaison with RAM
Partnerships, Engagement, Networking and Advocacy (10%)
- Participate in joint technical coordination, planning and review meetings for carbon-related landscape restoration projects, plans and initiatives within the organization and externally including with government.
- Establish and maintain strategic contacts with the UN, Government, INGOs, Universities, Research Institutions, Donors and Embassies
- Ensure WVK representation in key strategic landscape restoration and carbon-related working groups and forums
Other Duties (5%)
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as assigned from time to time
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in forestry, geography, natural resources management or equivalent from a reputable university. Relevant post-graduate qualification(s) will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in forestry, natural resources management, carbon project design and implementation and GHG measurements or modelling.
- Experience leading or participating in carbon studies such as carbon feasibility study, Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use (AFOLU) carbon assessments, GHG and carbon project due diligence, and/or project design document development.
- Familiarity with certification in voluntary carbon certification, e.g., Verra Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance (CCBA), and Plan Vivo
- Practical understanding on energy audits and GHG measurements in compliance with international standards and guidelines will be an added advantage.
- Experience in proposal development with excellent project management skills and a good understanding of the project life cycle
- Membership with professional bodies on environment, climate change, carbon development or forestry is added advantage
- Experience in implementing integrated livelihoods, climate mitigation approaches particularly in the forestry and energy sectors, ecosystem restoration and carbon offset projects.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with management experience.
- A team player with ability to build capacity of staff on relevant technical fields
- Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment and work with minimum supervision.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity with ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).