Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
World Vision Regional Governance Advisor Jobs in East and West Africa
The purpose of this regional position is to apply the relevant knowledge, skills and methods that promote the development of high performing national office governing boards and advisory councils that guide, protect and ensure the achievement of the World Vision Mission and Vision.
To this end, the position will lead board development, provide and manage governance training, clarify decision rights and accountability in all aspects of World Vision governance in the two regions. As a member of the Global Governance Dept, the position supports regional implementation of WVI’s best practice governance model by national boards, advisory councils and alignment with microfinance organizations boards. It also supports the Partnership national office governance Transition and Peer Review processes according to established standards. The position makes an important contribution to governance policy development, research and creation of quality resource materials.
Board Development & Capacity Building:
- Provide capacity building and development facilitation and training in best practice governance to Boards and Advisory Councils, in East Africa Region (EAR) and West Africa Regions (WAR) in collaboration with the two Regional Leaders (RLs), Senior Directors (SD’s) and National Directors (ND’s).
- Facilitate the assessment of governance effectiveness in National Offices and develop action plans to address identified gaps.
- Create and implement regional governance strategy, annual work plan and Regional Forum Plan for capacity building and other learning processes.
- Support the defining of baseline Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for governance at national, regional, and global level, to promote effectiveness and alignment to Partnership standards.
- Ensure monitoring, observation, regular communication and quality board meeting reporting, so as to keep track of Board and Advisory Council performance.
- Provide support and quality control for National Office Board and Advisory Council Transitions where appropriate.
- Coach and advice national directors and senior leadership to support their boards and Advisory Councils and derive value from their work.
- Contribute content and develop board training modules.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Peer Review & Global International Audit (GIA):
- In conjunction with the Peer Review department, provide support and counsel to board and staff with regard to the self-review, in preparation for Peer Reviews.
- Provide advice for an appropriate follow-up and implementation of peer review recommendations.
- Participate as a peer in reviews assigned and scheduled by the Peer Review Department.
- Support GIA’s risk audits related to the governance functioning.
Collective Responsibility, Regional Strategy & Alignment:
- Contribute to regional senior management meetings as appropriate and articulate governance issues as well as Global Governance Department planning and coordination meetings.
- Participate in the development of a contextualized Regional Forum that is governance-focused and a development opportunity for boards and Advisory Councils.
- Occasionally attend Board or Advisory Council meetings as a resource advisor /observer on governance with agreement of parties concerned.
- Liaise with VisionFund governance department to ensure alignment between National Offices and VisionFund MFIs on governance issues as per WVI policies.
- Attend and participate in weekly chapel, devotions and regional/departmental retreats.
- Practice the Core Values, Covenant of Partnership and Partnership Principles.
- Undertake any other tasks that are consistent with the position’s purposes, as may be required by the Senior RGA-Field Offices, Global Governance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Masters level or higher degree in related field such as Human Development, Law, Organisational Development, Corporate Business and related Management, or Governance.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functioning of International NGOs such as World Vision in terms of their governance, management and operations.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of current board governance issues in the region and/or the world.
- Experience in senior management roles, including working directly under and reporting to a board, serving on a board, preferably including experience in the non-profit sector.
- An understanding of current practices in governance in the corporate as well as the NGO sectors.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Proven ability to work with high level members of board and advisory councils across physical and cultural distances.
- Understanding of peer review mechanisms.
- Ability to lead and coordinate board assessments and facilitate board training.
- Ability to conceive and formalize sound strategy to meet the mission and deliver on objectives and tasks on time.
- Outstanding coordination skills, with ability to handle multiple activities concurrently, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- International experience/exposure through travel or living working in other countries.
- Ability to participate effectively in a virtual team while ensuring achievement of team objectives.
- Good diplomatic, influencing and negotiating skill with ability to exercise discretion.
- Demonstrated commitment to World Vision’s mission statement and Core Values.
- Proven ability to work across different cultures and nationalities within the region.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English is essential. French language skills desirable.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Masters Level or Higher Degree in related field such as Human Development, Law, Organizational Development, Corporate Business Management or Governance.
- Experience in development of quality board tools and polices.
- Board experience and board development facilitation.
- Ability to work in a complex organization.
- Understanding of current practices in corporate governance and NGO sector governance.
(Note:If you have ever wanted to work with NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Here is your chance, click here)
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Willingness to work outside the normal working hours from time to time, due to the need to connect with people in different time zones.
- Ability to work in a virtual team.
Method of Application
Applications are done online. Click here to apply by 15th October 2018
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview