Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
ICT / Computer jobs, Sales & Marketing jobs, Retail & Business Development jobs,
Full Stack Web Developer
Job Ref. ZU/10/25/149
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The ideal candidate is a character with ability to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking Academic organization that’s always pushing boundaries. He/she should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. The person will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full web development life cycle, from conception to deployment and should have an inclination for visual design and utility.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the IT Director, the position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- Design, implement and maintain the overall web architecture of the University.
- Positioning the University Website as one of the leading digital marketing tools.
- Develop visually appealing front end website architecture, including translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
- Develop functional databases, applications and servers to support websites and portals on the back end.
- Develop applications to support the University in automating identified business processes.
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile and agnostic access of web products across devices.
- Develop and design RESTful services and APIs.
- Strategize organizational direction on emerging technology platforms and communicate the effectiveness of emerging technologies to key decision makers.
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when architecting solutions.
- Keep job knowledge up-to-date by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal and professional networks; and participating in professional organizations.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, BSc IT or related field.
- At least 3 years working experience as a Full Stack Developer or a similar role.
- Experience with AJAX.
- Strong knowledge in programming and scripting language e.g., PHP, Python, C#, Java and Ruby.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Apache, MySQL and UI/UX design.
- Database design and management, including being up to date on the latest practices and associated versions.
- Familiarity with a relevant and globally supported framework-both front-end and back-end, e.g., React, Vue, Laravel, Angular, Node.js or Flask.
- Thorough understanding of user experience and product strategy.
- Proficiency with Git or another version of control system as required.
- Experience in API design, development and integration.
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications.
- Excellent communication skills and great attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Job Ref. ZU/10/25/150
The ideal candidate is a character with ability to execute career advisory responsibility in a manner that secures enrollment as well as customer retention and to engage in activities that contribute to the objectives of the marketing department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Lead Enrollment Officer, the position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- Receiving and handling of all persons who come to the University Reception.
- Participating in marketing and enrollment drives.
- Meeting enrollment targets by answering questions and suggesting information to potential students on different programs that we offer.
- Advising customers on program information and services of the University and ensuring that the potential students are well advised on what they are qualified for and the options available for them.
- Collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Keeping track and reporting daily enrollment.
- Carrying out comparative analysis of enrollment targets and performance.
- Timely identification and resolution of customer complaints.
- Liaise with other University officers in handling students’ matters.
- Collect and share market intelligence for strategic decision making.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- A professional qualification in sales and marketing is an added advantage.
- Minimum of C+ in K.C.S.E., with at least C+ in languages.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position or in a sales job.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, negotiation and reporting skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com quoting ONLY the job reference number (e.g., Job Ref: ZU/10/25/150) on the subject line and; indicating their current and expected salary on their application letter, not later than 15th November 2021.