Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Front office management jobs, Business Administration jobs,Office Administration jobs,
Overall purpose of the role
The Administration Assistant is responsible for managing all aspects of administrative support at the DRC regional office. S/he will be responsible for efficient administrative operations. The Admin assistant will be responsible for to improve systems and procedures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. The position holder is the primary interface between DRC and the general public that visit or telephone the Regional Office. As such the administration assistant must be able to represent DRC professionally and always be friendly and pleasant to all callers and visitors.
- Process all visa, special passes and work permits for international staff and visitors.
- In close liaison with Facilities Manager, ensure all rental and utility bills (telephone, electricity, water, security, thuraya, etc) for the DRC office and leased houses are paid on timely basis.
- Maintain a tracking system for all utility payments and update on monthly basis in close liaison with Facilities Manager and Regional Finance Officer.
- Coordinate bookings for the conference rooms for internal meetings and arrange for required refreshments and stationaries. Liaise with relevant staff to ensure the conference room is always ready for use.
- Ensure monthly staff airtime is processed in compliance with the EAGL telephone/internet guidelines. Photocopy telephone bills for staff exceeding the set limits as per the RO telephone policy and ensure payments are made for excess bills. Maintain a record.
- Administer the stationery store and office supplies ensuring records and controls are in place. Advise on utilization on monthly basis and place timely orders for re-stocking.
- Maintaining an effective filling system for all administrative related documents.
- Support Facilities Manager to Initiate all administration related procurement processes and ensure adherence to DRC’s Operations Handbook.
- Participate as a tender committee member in the tendering process for administrative related services.
- Maintain and update the EAGL Events calendar.
- Participate and support RHRM in reviewing administrative policies and guidelines and ensure communication with staff and compliance.
- Support in biometric system in liaison with IT department and Facilities Manager
- Support with travel and accommodation bookings and airport transfers
Front Office Management
- Receive, screen and welcome visitors and direct them to relevant staff.
- Answer incoming calls at the switchboard, forwarding to appropriate staff or taking messages as required.
- Respond to general enquiries and refer to appropriate staff members.
- Receive, record, and distribute all incoming correspondence and deliveries.
- Prepare and dispatch all outgoing mail.
- Ensure reception area is neat at all times. Promptly attend to visitors ensuring no crowding at the reception area.
- Provide new staff with a detailed orientation on administrative policies, procedures and regulations. Inform expatriate staff on key administrative requirements that relate to expat staff.
- Ensure all new staff have staff IDs, working station set up before staff arrival, necessary stationery provided on arrival,
- Support HR whenever called upon for new staff office tour department.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher Diploma in Front office management, Business Administration, or any other equivalent field.
- At least three years’ experience in busy office handling front office and office administration, preferably with an NGO.
- High degree of English language proficiency – both written and oral.
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge on how to operate PABX switchboard, high-speed copier/scanner and other office equipment.
- Pleasant & diplomatic personality and must be able to represent DRC professionally at all times.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build and maintain effective relationships across the organization.
- Commitment to DRC values.