NGO Jobs, Admin Jobs, Jobs in Kenya,
- Title: Administrative Assistant
- Reports to: Senior HR Coordinator
- Location: Nairobi
- Travel: N/A
- Grade: 5
Eveyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
Program Description: Administration Function
Position Description: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the admin function by completing day-to-day tasks. He/ She will be the first point of contact for our staff and visitors and ensure smooth operations of the organization. He/ She will be tasked with providing support to the Senior Management team to ensure their productivity and effectiveness.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support (40%)
- Manage front office, including switchboard, mail and reception of visitors
- Manage administration petty cash ensuring effective management of the cash and accounting for the same.
- Organize and supervise repairs in the office
- Coordinate conference rooms for various staff meetings.
- Manage office supplies and equipment
- Preparation of both Mpesa & vendor payments paperwork
- Manage digital documentation & signature system in Kenya
Human Resources Support (30%)
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment (schedule interviews, correspond with applicants, conduct reference checks)
- Prepare and organize new hire materials and Onboarding activities
- Support the organization of employee personnel files and other confidential information
- Prepare contract extensions, visa letters and any other support HR letters as requested.
Senior Management Support (30%)
- Support in organizing meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for the senior management team members
- Prepare agendas, materials and documentation for and participate, take minutes, and organize follow up activities for executive meetings
- Draft, edit, and proofread reports, presentations, and correspondence for executives, maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, acting as a liaison between executives and various departments
- Support executives in the planning, execution, and follow-up of special projects, initiatives, or events. Represent executives in a professional manner, both internally and externally, and act as an ambassador for the organization
- Seek opportunities to streamline processes, enhance efficiency, and contribute to the overall improvement of administrative operations
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or other business related field.
- Higher National Diploma in HR Management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and trustworthiness when handling confidential information
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Service oriented with a focus on internal clients
- Knowledge of and experience with office assistant technologies, including AI tools
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite)
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.