Executive Job Opening, Engineering Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Latest Vacancies,
Director Operations, Strategy, Projects & Facilities, Facilities Admin. Office
Formulation of short and long-term strategies; managing hospitality services programmes, environmental programmes and safety activities to ensure compliance with legal requirements. In addition, ensuring an accessible and safe environment for the patients, visitors, faculty and staff at the Aga Khan University, Nairobi; providing expert advice to the Aga Khan Hospitals in East Africa.
- Plan and organize the deployment of plant & equipment to meet agreed standards and cost-effectiveness and long-term development of the University strategies to ensure safe, effective and efficient functioning facilities and integrated efforts amongst the facility areas/ users.
- Develops strategies, policies and procedures which are measurable and realistic for the Division including hospitality and other services
- Prepares annual budgets for capital and revenue expenditure for the hospitality/ facility division and ensure compliance after its approval
- Ensure managers execute the agreed plans and strategies according to the implementation schedule and see to it that all work instructions and plans function efficiently
- Establish parameters relevant to guidelines to meet division goals while continuously monitoring expenses and key result areas, and implement strategies to meet goals
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Chief Operating Officer and/or Senior Leadership.
Qualifications and skills required:
UN Jobs Salary Scale | United Nations Salary Range
- Bachelors in Engineering OR BSc. (Engineering)
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Registered with relevant Engineering Body and/or eligible for registration with the Engineering board of Kenya/ Kenya Institute of engineers
- Experience in Facilities Management
- Over 12 years’ experience in ALL Engineering areas, general management and customer service.
- Experience in hospital industry highly desirable
- Innovative and a good team player,
- Good leadership and excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Customer friendly and well versed with computer skills.
- Working knowledge of architectural applications
- High integrity
- Good grooming and self-presentation