Area Sales Manager
About the Job
Support the Organization realize its strategic intent on growth in quality customer numbers within the Area and depots assigned whilst optimizing on efficiency in Route to market, through cost and profit optimization
Duties & Responsibilities
- Quality customers growth in the Area with an average consumption of > 4kg per month.
- Identify new markets for Growth and expansion.
- Ensure efficiency in sales operations through technology and close monitoring and management of various cost elements including managing loses
- Ensure all operations are carried out safely within the Area by adhering to set of HSSE rules and regulations.
- Work closely with various departments e.g. training, HR, Finance, HSSE, IT, Warehouse, Procurement, Legal,
- Train and Coach Depot Sales Managers and Assistant Depot Sales Managers
- Developing and managing filling depot budgets, ensuring operating expenses are within approved budget and that value is maximized in all areas of expense and proposal for both yearly CAPEX and OPEX.
- Developing, implementing and enforcing compliance and adherence to company policies requirements, procedures and systems, and statutory requirements at the depot e.g, licensing and labor requirements.
- Engage various stakeholders in developing and improving various systems and procedures necessary in ensuring quality service delivery to Customers
- Carry out market intelligence and advise top management on competitor activities and industry developments that may impact our operations.
- Carry out Data analysis and make informed strategic decisions based of qualified data
- Approving all documents as per the delegation of authority guide.
- Liaising with industry and other stakeholders in coordinating emergency response and preparedness and being the Incident Commander in the event of an emergency at the depot.
- Reviewing daily and monthly stock reports and ensuring that loss analysis beyond approved limits is promptly carried out and explanations for variation given to management.
- Managing, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure a high level of employee motivation and performance.
- Facilitates evaluation of the staff under the role and takes part in disciplinary actions to offenders to policies and other offenses.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Sales Operations Excellence
- New Product Development
- Financial Management
- Strategic Planning
- Project management
- Internal Controls Business Turnaround
- Organizational Leadership
- Stakeholder Management
- Cross Functional Team Collaboration
- Leadership and Supervision skills
- Operations Management
- Critical thinking
- ICT Compliant