Claims Supervisor – Provider Claims & Adjustment
As a Supervisor you will support the Senior Supervisor in managing a team of Provider Claims Representatives. Key to the role will be developing and coaching the team to deliver a high-quality customer centric service offering.
Your role includes:
- Accountable to review and assess inventory levels coordinating daily allocations and planning ahead to maximize staffing levels to maximize results.
- Accountable to ensure that productivity, quality and customer satisfaction, are managed within own team and motivation of the individuals and team to achieve the operational KPI’s; Attend KPI calls can help you to achieve this.
- Recommending and implementing innovative strategies to improve efficiency and provide excellent customer service.
- Being proactive in identifying improvement/enhancement opportunities and be active in seeking and sharing ideas for innovation in business processes.
- Being responsible for follow-up of capacity planning and absences in close cooperation with HR.
- Ensure strong employee engagement within the team, including day to day oversight, motivation, conflict management, training, wellbeing and performance by providing coaching and skill development in collaboration with the Claims Management Team.
- Ensure appropriate performance management actions are taken.
- Having quarterly check-in conversations with all team members
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and be fully responsible for the implementation of new Operating Model and the measurement of the results in alignment with the broader PSO Strategy and in coordination with the Management Team.
- Taking ownership of any escalated claims and provide updates to the Senior Supervisor on any issues.
- Proactively address and/or escalate any operational risks.
- Developing/maintaining proactive/effective business relationships, both internally and externally to ensure a seamless delivery of service. Actively encourage all team members to do likewise (e.g. Cigna links).
- Handle financial verification as per agreed process.
- Strong performance track record.
- International mind-set, and able to work remotely with peers across locations.
- Relevant leadership experience in other functions/companies.
- Knowledge in relation to Provider claims will be a plus.
- Experience in and passion for coaching, managing, developing and motivating individuals and the team.
- Experience in complaint management – with a proven track record in improving customer service standards.
- Strong presentation skills, and knowledge of Window Office tools like Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A growth mindset with a positive attitude towards change and the ability to play an active role in implementing change initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: strong empathy and listening skills, strong articulation and communications skills.
- Striving for excellent service to our members, clients and providers is part of your DNA.
- Competency to build a team and create an atmosphere of positive collaboration, innovation and creative solutions among the team members.
- Action-orientated problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to seek out best practice in order to effectively deal with diverse, complex and highly sensitive issues.
- Results orientated – ability to cascade and explain goals, establish plans and manage work to achieve desired outcomes.
- Create meaningful business-related metrics and track progress/results.
- Accountability – assume ownership for achieving personal results and collective team goals.
Eligibility Representative – French Language Required
What would a typical day look like for a Customer Service Representative?
As an Eligibility Representative, you are part of a team of young and international colleagues and every day you come across a wide variety of situations:
- Delivers administrative duties and other Business services in Eligibility.
- Implements and maintains eligibility for benefits.
- Implements, updates and maintains automated, direct connect and manual Eligibility data.
- Interacts with internal & external clients and vendors to resolve issue.
- Generates reports from the system, identifies and resolves discrepancies.
- Identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities in the Department.
- Negotiates and resolves Eligibility with clients.
- Provides technical support for electronic process of eligibility.
- Ensures customer data is installed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works with clients’ data format and internal Systems to resolve errors and technical issues.
What skills do you need?
- Do you have a degree / Diploma or similar level by experience and an excellent knowledge of English and French?
- Great start! That’s essential for the role. If you possess excellent attention to detail, even better! You are an expert in delivering an excellent customer experience and you’re quick to learn new software applications? Great!
- If on top of that you have good technical and reporting skills, you are a fast learner, strong interpersonal skills with excellent written/verbal communication skills and you are a positive thinker who is used to working meticulously against tight deadlines, then you might be the ideal CSR!
You will love this job if you
- Actively want to use your language knowledge.
- Love customer centric interactions over the phone.
- Find great satisfaction in problem-solving and being proactive.
- Like to take responsibility and make proposals to improve procedures.
- Handle files in a structured and organized way.
- See the importance of handling confidential information discretely.
- Like to actively interact with colleagues of different departments and with a global team.
Cigna can offer you
- A challenging job in an international and diverse context
- ‘Happy You’: health and wellbeing initiatives, flexible hours, home working opportunities
- A dynamic international team, team leaders who train you patiently and a team manager who makes time for you
- An attractive salary and extra-legal benefits
Operations Representative (LPS)
Your job at Cigna
For this Customer Service Representative (CSR) role, we are looking to expand the Life & Protection Solutions team. Your role will include specialised tasks: process incoming insurance claims (travel, temporary working incapacity), be the first point of contact for the insurance policyholders, and manage reporting data to internal and external parties.
CSRs are supported by the people manager, a technical expert and the fellow team members.
Daily tasks include:
- Assessing and processing incoming claims based on the policy conditions. You are the hub between different parties, such as medical advisors, the claimants, the claimant’s HR department, etc., and ensure the claim is handled completely and correctly.
- Managing the working-incapacity overviews of insured organisations (clients). You cultivate a professional relationship with the clients and third parties. You handle files in a way that best serves the interests of claimants and clients.
- Filling out data about claims accurately and reporting it to the necessary parties, such as the finance department, client managers or a client.
- Answering general questions about policy conditions per email and over the phone in multiple languages.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related study field (finance, insurance, communication) or equivalent through experience.
- Fluent in English and one of the following: French / German / Dutch.
- Previous experience with non-medical claims such as life insurance or travel insurance is a bonus.
- Eager to learn and adaptable.
- Customer centric and responsible.
- Results-oriented and analytical.
- Able to work independently and together with others in a team.
- A good knowledge of the Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) that we can build on depending on need.
Our offer at Cigna
- A diverse job in an international context with impressive clients.
- A welcoming, diligent team and enthused people manager to show you the ropes.
- Cigna’s “Happy You”: health and wellbeing initiatives, flexible work hours, home working opportunities.
- An attractive salary and extra-legal benefits.