Work with other departments within the Group to identify requirements, analyze, validate, and develop solutions (database design, workflows, user/data interfaces, integrations) as well as manage the needs of the customers and end users. Provide 3rd-line support of business Applications, ranging from user requirements analysis, design, and development to implementation and maintenance.
- Identify problems and opportunities within a business and work to provide solutions and initiatives to streamline operations and improve functionality.
- Configure and/or customize business applications to meet business requirements using various database and software tools.
- Manage the application developer team to ensure all development is in line with Britam development standards.
- Assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments. Drives systems adoption by business users.
- Enhance and create user and system documentation as needed.
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented.
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications.
- Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components.
- Perform data modeling to analyse and specify data structures within an application system.
- Developing database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval, and reporting according to specifications
- Implementing and testing database design and functionality and tuning for performance
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance, and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications.
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Degree in Computer Science or technical-related field
- Certified Solution Developer e.g. Java, Microsoft etc.
- Experience in applications development, which includes system customization and report designs.
- Experience with any modern programming tools/Platforms e.g. .NET, Java, Ruby, PHP
- Experience with Java EE
- Experience with RDMS preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, and Informix.