Business Development Manager, Islamic International Clients
- Pro-actively acquire new business and new to bank customers for International Banking segment with specified service standards
- Deliver Acquisition for International clients, Net New Money, Asset Under Management, and revenue growth targets and key operating metrics (such as tail accounts management, client acquisition, client satisfaction, portfolio mix).
- Participate in Priority Banking marketing and promotional activities for new to bank customer acquisition.
- Source and call on individual prospects – Generate healthy pipeline of target market prospects and convert them into clients.
- Deliver, monitor and review solutions to clients based on client investment profile.
- Grow client portfolio size by deepening existing customer relationships.
- Conduct periodic reviews of client accounts in accordance with established procedures
- Ensure all acquired New to Bank customers are adequately funded to meet the Priority & International Banking qualified status
- Organise and conduct sales presentations to groups, clubs, associations, companies and other organisations.
- Solicit referrals from other parts of Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) e.g. Other Relationship Managers. from SME, Corporate Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB), New Business etc.
- Maximize cross sell opportunities together with the Relationship Managers.
- Ensure adherence to account opening and sales process and stringent service standards are in compliant with local regulatory requirements.
- In consultation with the Business Head and Team Leader, draw up monthly plans for achieving/exceeding targets to meet new business and customer acquisition goals for the team.
- Comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Transaction Monitoring Unit.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities.
- Adhering to local and international service standards ensure all customer issues, complaints and product enquiries are handled in a timely, and problem free and responsive manner.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Islamic Banking requirements by conducting Client Due Diligence reviews and ensuring KYC is up to date.
- Ensure all the Bank’s anti money laundering policies and procedures are being followed. Report all suspicious transactions in accordance with SCB’s anti-money laundering procedures.
- Be aware of all relevant information concerning a client when interacting particularly KYC, Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) and risk status.
- Accelerate client acquisition and penetration in target segments
- Develop targeting strategies by Segment and geographic presence such as consideration and pull-based sourcing.
- Inculcate a robust and deep-rooted service culture
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of client journeys and scripts.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure achievement of Segment-wise targets. Conduct root cause analysis and de-bottleneck issues as required.
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct
- Timely completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training, including e-learning by the set deadlines
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training and related compliance acknowledgements by each member of your team by the set deadlines
- Demonstration of adherence to the Group Management Responsibilities policy and fair accountability principles
- Prompt and decisive action when any risk and compliance weaknesses become apparent, addressing them in an appropriate timeframe, escalating where necessary, having carefully understood what happened and why
- Develop, rollout, maintain and where applicable, recommend procedures and controls that meet / strengthen the requirements of Group and local policies and standards.
- Ensure the teams are 100% compliant with rules and regulations, and ascertain adherence to operational risk controls and procedures in day-to-day management
- To be measured against the overall Operational Risk Framework (ORF) standards and be accountable for adherence to Risk Assurance Framework laid down at group and country level.
- To ensure good ratings in internal / external audits, governance, compliance and Group Internal Audit (GIA) reviews
- Work with Country Learning and Talent Development/curriculum architects to set training standards at Country Level including those relating to compliance.
- Work collaboratively with Financial Crime Compliance, AML, Legal & Compliance on Client Due Diligence and KYC processes.
- Provide input to governance and operational risk to define measures and controls for prevention of mis-selling, mis-representation, fraud and for adherence to Treating Clients Fairly principles
- Embed strong first line credit and conduct mindset and capabilities
- Strengthen clients awareness/knowledge of cyber risk via training of “good” practices and lessons from market incidents
- Deliver against budget/ forecast and ensure business delivery is done with good conduct
- Deliver on individual sales target
- Responsible for delivery of service standards to customers
- Ensure Operation control and sales compliance
People & Talent
- Ensure the right type of client is recruited into the bank.
- Ensure that all account opening procedures are followed to ensure that we meet our regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all documents/corroborations that are required are provided in a timely manner for new account and mortgage requirements.
- To ensure that our own internal policies are adhered to mitigate risks and comply with regulatory requirements
- Ensure CDD requirements are met in a timely manner as per the banks process and procedures.
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses.
- Understand the risk and control environment within area of responsibility and drive rectification as required.
- Handle customer issues, complaints, and product enquiries on timely basis in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant Risk Committees and/or line management
- AML measures must be followed at all times.
- All procedures relating to onboarding and mortgage process must be completed.
- All Corporate Environmental Responsibility must be followed at all times.
- All eLearning and courses required to keep compliance skills up to the required level must be completed in a timely manner.
- Group code of conduct must be followed and adhered to at all times
- Responsible for full CDD requirements for clients held with RM Portfolio.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles:
- Appropriate delegated authorities
- Team Leader in country (Kenya) and in specific Hubs including UAE, Jersey, Singapore, China, Hong Kong and India
- Regional/ Hub Heads
- Business and Segment Heads
- FCC & Compliance
- Operational Risk
- Credit Risk
- RMs, Wealth, Insurance Specialists and Mortgage Specialist
- Platform Managers Specialists
- Client Service Managers
- Product Specialists and dedicated functional partners
- Relevant Front office colleagues
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Minimum 4 years proven sales and relationship management experience.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Customer Service
- Solutions Oriented
- Product Knowledge
- Negotiating skills