Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Auditing jobs, Education jobs, Teaching jobs, International Relations jobs,
Assistant Internal Auditor
Assistant Internal Auditor: KeMU/IAT/AAS/1/11/2023 (Main Campus)
The Assistant Internal Auditor will ensure the University resources are safeguarded and economically utilized by planning and completing financial, operations and compliance audits, identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls and recommending improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
He/she will assist to:
- Conduct financial and operations audits by understanding University objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Assess compliance with relevant regulations and legal requirements by reviewing the existing and new legislations; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, evaluating manual and automated (ERP) financial processes, identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies as well as operational issues.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Documenting sufficient, reliable, relevant, and useful information to support the engagement results and conclusions.
- Communicate audit progress and findings by providing information to management highlighting unresolved issues
- Improve governance by recommending improvement in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes as well as identifying root causes.
- Provide financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contribute to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements and exploring new opportunities to add value to the University.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or its equivalent
- CPA (K) / ACCA and a member of ICPAK in good standing.
- Certified Internal auditor (CIA) Certification is an added advantage
- Experience in System Audit with qualifications of certification in information Systems Audit or equivalent
- At least 3 years audit experience preferably in institution of higher learning
- Strong business acumen and an ability to identify audit issues.
- Strong analytical skills, team player, ability to multi-task, flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment.
- Training in risk and/or fraud management is highly preferable.
Lecturer in International Relations
Lecturer in International Relations KeMU/AA/IR/1/11/2023 (Main Campus)
Responsible to the chairperson of department, a Lecturer shall have the following;
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Teaching and mentoring both undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Articulating the mission and vision of the University and the department.
- Initiating, planning and conducting research.
- Development of teaching and learning materials.
- Supervising postgraduate students in research activities.
- Participating in development and preparation of Departmental and Faculty development plans.
- Provide professional and community services and initiate linkages and fundraising
- Carry out administrative and other duties & responsibilities as may be assigned
- Organizing and supervising educational activities for undergraduate students
- Attending and participating in seminars, workshops, conferences etc. in relevant fields.
- Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricular in the department
- Participating in the departmental meetings and other activities for effective and efficient management of the Department and Faculty.
- May be assigned or delegated other duties and responsibilities by the Dean of School or COD as deemed necessary.
- Doctorate degree in International Relations or its academic equivalent from a recognized or accredited Institution;
- Master’s degree in International Relations in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized University with at least three (3) years teaching experience.
- Experience at University level or in research or industry and a minimum of 24
- Publications points, of which at least 16 should be from refereed journal paper.
- Must be recognized and registered by relevant professional bodies (where Applicable).
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
- An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address email@example.com
- Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
To be received on or before 15th December 2023 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism. KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.