We are seeking an experienced and visionary Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead our organization to new heights of success. The CEO will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, driving business growth, and ensuring operational excellence. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership skills, a proven track record of successful business management, and the ability to inspire and motivate teams towards achieving organizational objectives. Responsibilities:
Provide Overall Management and Supervision
- Oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of programs and services.
- Staff management – Provide proper supervision and management for all direct reports and lead the establishment and functioning of a strong, effective, and coordinated Program team.
- Program management – Ensure that programs and projects are implemented to achieve the program/project goals, align with policies and procedures, and demonstrate sound resource management.
- Program strategy – Facilitate the preparation and implementation of the overall Program Strategy in line with the Strategic Plan, national development plans, Vision and programming principles, and current programming priorities.
- Lead the implementation of the organization’s Strategic Plan through committed investment in the achievement of the plan objectives, regular review of plans, and discussions with the team.
- Lead the country programs in strategic program development by undertaking regular multi-sector assessments and designing innovative approaches to respond to the population’s needs, especially girls’ education in Kenya.
- Ensure organization alignment with strategic priorities and provide technical leadership and strategic assistance to program staff designing, implementing, and monitoring program activities.
- Support funding acquisition by providing technical/design leadership, leveraging existing learning, identifying and cultivating strategic opportunities, and assisting country programs in developing winning proposals, advocacy, and recourse mobilization.
Technical Leadership and Assistance
- Provide technical guidance and solutions to the organization’s country programs designing, implementing, and monitoring-related programming.
- Ensure the overall programs implementation of the work plan activities, including M&E activities, reporting meetings (Cluster Meetings, other existing coordination structure, and any other ad-hoc meetings), and sometimes visits projects areas and facilities,
- Give support, advice, and directions to the Field core and management staff to conduct ongoing monitoring of the programs against objectives outlined in the programs using methods and tools developed.
- Consolidate internal reports from staff based on monthly, and quarterly reports as required and share them with the donors.
- Engage in programs start-up, monitoring, analysis, course corrections, and evaluations to ensure high-quality, impactful program implementation.
- Ensure the development of new program opportunities in line with the organization’s Mission Statement and Strategic Plan.
- Lead fundraising and resource mobilization efforts to support organizational growth and sustainability.
- Develop advocacy mechanisms and identify networks for coalition building.
- Provide leadership in new program/proposal development planning.
- Participate in analyzing growth opportunities to ensure strategic alignment and capacity to implement excellent programs.
- Provide technical direction and content to project proposals and lead in writing proposals for appropriate support and technical inputs.
- Lead and participate in design workshops for large and complex proposals, as appropriate, including defining appropriate monitoring systems, transparent implementation, and indicators.
Finance/ Grant Management
- Directly work with the Finance department unit to establish and maintain donor compliance and relations.
- Monitor financial performance and ensure prudent financial management, including budgeting, forecasting, and risk management.
- Work with the program managers and the finance department to track monthly programs expenditures against the programs budget.
- Recommend grant and budget revisions in consultation with the Technical/Field Staff.
- Provide technical support in budget review with the field teams, Program Officers, and program coordinator in consultation with finance and operations departments.
- Coordinate and review all program donor reports and new project proposals in collaboration with the program department, technical coordinators, operations, and finance departments; ensure completeness and timely submission.
- Ensure programs compliance with internal control procedures.
- Facilitate the conceptual, managerial, organizational, and technical capacities of staff to effectively contribute to the achievements of the program objectives and develop within the organization.
- Oversee the Performance Management System for all program staff is followed and carried out as required.
Communication, Reporting, and Data Collection
- Liaise with counterparts, UN agencies, and NGOs to coordinate multi-sector integrated programs, standardize sector-specific activities, and obtain up-to-date program planning and implementation information.
- Ensure the organization’s participation in respective sector-specific coordination forums and help foster exchanges of program information, best practices, and training materials with partners, involved communities, and various line Government ministry officials.
- Keep the Board of Management informed of all developments and issues through informal updates, and written minutes documented for all external meetings.
- Master’s degree in Project Planning and Management, Gender and Development, Strategic Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences, management, or a related field.
- Proven experience (minimum of 14 years) in senior leadership roles, with a track record of success in organizational management and business development.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills, with the ability to translate vision into actionable plans and measurable outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and inspire stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
- Financial acumen, including budgeting, financial analysis, and resource allocation.
- Experience in fundraising, Donor relations, and Grant management.
- Knowledge of relevant industry trends, emerging issues, and best practices in the nonprofit sector.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, with a demonstrated ability to promote a culture of belonging and respect.
- Strong ethical values and integrity, with a commitment to upholding the organization’s mission and values.
- Member of a relevant professional body in good standing
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, academic and Professional certificates, and three professional references as one PDF document to “email@example.com” and CC “firstname.lastname@example.org” not later than 23rd February 2024.