This is a short course in Monitoring and Evaluation with a holistic approach towards building participants' M&E skills as a management tool. Taken online, the course is designed to train students on effective participation in development projects by applying sound M&E principles and focuses on both individual and institutional aspects so as to synchronise the desired skills with organisational changes and developments. Monitoring and Evaluation is an exciting and emerging field in international development and is essential in helping managers, planners, implementers, policymakers, and donors acquire the information and understanding they need to make informed decisions about programme operations. This means there is a growing opportunity with M&E skills and many organisations have created dedicated positions, and even departments, focusing on M&E and looking for experience when recruiting for program positions. If you're looking for a career in a new and growing industry, that will also allow you to make a meaningful difference to your organisation, and the world, around you, then this course will provide you with the knowledge and practical experience you need to succeed in this field.
How This Course Will Benefit Your CareerAt the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply concepts, principles, processes, and frameworks for M&E systems in development programmes.
- Use result-based tools for programme planning.
- Design and develop M&E systems.
- Formulate result and change-oriented indicators for M&E
- Use M&E tools for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
Certification obtainedCertificate of Completion (Monitoring and Evaluation)
What jobs will I qualify for?This course enhances learners' knowledge and skill in a number of careers including:
- Project Manager
- M&E Specialist
- Technical Specialist
More Courses by Insturctor
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation Course Resources 00:10:00
- Acronyms 00:10:00
- Introduction 00:20:00
- Who should do M&E 00:10:00
- Why is M&E Important 00:20:00
- M&E concepts and considerations Part 1 00:30:00
- M&E concepts and considerations Part 2 00:30:00
- M&E concepts and considerations Part 3 00:30:00
- Step 1 – Identify the purpose and scope of the M&E system 00:30:00
- Step 2 – Plan for data collection and management 01:00:00
- Step 3 – Plan for data analysis 00:30:00
- Step 4 – Plan for information reporting and utilization 00:30:00
- Step 5 – Plan for M&E human resources and capacity building 00:30:00
- Step 6 – Prepare the M&E budget 00:30:00