This course is aimed at helping individuals further develop their leadership and strategic management skills and to implement these models into their organisation's strategy. It's designed for professionals such as supervisors, managers, heads of departments, team leaders, business owners, county managers and executives as well as anyone planning to get into leadership and management role.
Strategic management has become a necessity for organisations who are looking to develop and maintain a competitive advantage and involves the continuous planning, monitoring, analysis, and assessment of all that is necessary for a company to meet its goals and objectives. Individuals in this field can enjoy a great career growth, a huge amount of job satisfaction and a higher than average salary. If you would like to enhance your employability, then this online programme can provide to be an invaluable asset to all aspects of your career.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a Certification in Strategic Management and Leadership.
Successful graduates of this course will be able to:
· Demonstrate creative & innovative thinking in strategy development.
· Understand management and organizational theory, and relate this to strategy development.
· Identify strategic issues and design appropriate courses of action.
· Provide a basic understanding of the nature and dynamics of the strategy formulation and implementation processes as they occur in complex organisations.
· Understand the essentials of strategic management in a global economy.
The course takes approximately 10 – 15 Hours. If you take 1 hour per day, you will be through in 2 weeks. Since the course is online you access the courses online, anytime, anywhere using a computer, tablet or phone.
How to get the most out of this course
This course has been organised into three main modules. Module 1 provides guidance on the processes which comprise strategic management. These are pre-planning, strategic planning, deployment, implementation, and measurement and evaluation. A model is presented in An Introduction to Strategic Management and this model is repeated in each unit, highlighting the process being addressed.
The Keys to Success and Facts of Failure provide an overview of each module. These Keys are determinants of successful strategic management and while they apply to the entire system of strategic management, they are best addressed in the units in which they are presented. Questions following the Keys are those frequently asked of strategic planners. Their answers are intended to help the reader understand who, what, when, why, and how to be successful.
Facts of Failure: Failure to adequately consider and act upon the Keys generally in the process in which they are presented can diminish successful implementation of the strategic direction.
Words of Advice and Caution are interspersed to highlight main points. The decisions made at these junctures can lead to success or failure.
More Courses by Insturctor
- Strategic Management & Leadership Unlimited
- What is to Strategic Management? 00:20:00
- The Strategic Management Model 00:20:00
- What is the role of the senior leadership team? 00:10:00
- What are the benefits of strategic management? 00:10:00
- Strategic Planning 00:15:00
- SML Revision 1 00:00:00
- Introduction to Deployment 00:20:00
- Assign roles and responsibilities – Deployment 00:00:00
- Involve mid-level management as active participants – Deployment 00:20:00
- Establish priorities – Deployment 00:20:00
- Think it through – decide how to manage the implementation 00:10:00
- Charge mid-level management with aligning lower-level plans 00:10:00
- SML Revision 2 00:10:00
- Phase II Deployment 00:10:00
- Assign roles and responsibilities – Phase II 00:10:00
- Communicate the plan constantly and consistently 00:20:00
- Recognize the change process 00:20:00
- Help people through the change process 00:20:00
- SML Revision 3 00:10:00
- Strategic Measurement 00:30:00
- Assign roles and responsibilities – Measurement 00:20:00
- Use measurement to understand the organization 00:10:00
- Use measurement to provide a consistent viewpoint from which to gauge performance 00:15:00
- Use measurement to provide an integrated, focused view of the future 00:20:00
- Update the measurement system 00:15:00
- Use measurement to provide quality feedback to the strategic management process 00:20:00
- SML Revision 5 00:20:00
- Glossary – SML 00:20:00
- Bibliography – SML 00:20:00