- The Finance Officer/Accountant is a crucial role in the organization, responsible for implementing the strategic Finance Function to achieve sustainable finance performance outcomes organization-wide and at branch levels.
Key Specific Responsibilities
Optimal Revenue Generation and Efficiency:
- Cultivate a culture of efficiency in resource utilization for value output.
- Make prudent day-to-day decisions to enhance optimal revenue generation.
- Explore opportunities and strategies to prevent revenue loss and capitalize on potential sources.
Compliance (Internal Controls):
- Enforce all controls within the jurisdiction for optimal revenue generation and cost efficiency.
- Oversee routine bookkeeping to guarantee accurate, timely, and complete financial records.
- Ensure timely submission of statutory returns to prevent penalties.
- Empower Branch Administration Officers in line with finance function guidelines.
- Oversee branch reports for timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Collaborate with other departments on functional matters and oversee the Branch Finance function.
Strategy Development and Implementation:
- Support the implementation and evaluation of annual plans for branches.
- Assess factors that may undermine plan effectiveness and proactively offer remedial actions.
- Participate in the budgeting process and undertake detailed evaluations of expenditures.
Funding and Fundraising:
- Analyze weekly cash flow and initiate remedial measures for optimal revenue generation.
- Manage cash balances, reconcile accounts, and invest idle funds proactively.
Staff Support, Empowerment, and Accountability:
- Inculcate financial skills in branches for day-to-day execution of job functions.
- Coach and mentor staff for effective oversight and empower them with necessary skills.
- Hold staff accountable for performance and outcomes.
- Uphold a high level of personal and professional ethics in every aspect of the job.
- Ability to operate independently, making informed decisions when necessary.
- Consult and clarify where necessary, demonstrating a balance of independence and teamwork.
- Build positive relationships with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with people, maintaining fairness and firmness in all interactions.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in report and proposal writing, as well as effective presentation skills.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, efficiency, and effectiveness in delivering on job responsibilities.
Key skills requirement
- Capacity to prepare complex financial statements in compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Exhibits analytical and problem-solving skills through identification of business needs, process management capabilities and initiation of solution design.
- Strong understanding of the business environment as determined by competences in business knowledge, basic technical proficiency in finance and related disciplines, interactive/communication, and negotiation skills.
- Capacity to develop frameworks to enable analysis of macro and micro environmental analysis to influence the quality of annual plans.
- Capacity to oversee the corporate annual plan process for the desired outcomes that influence the sustainable growth of the institution.
- Exhibits understanding of various capital raising instruments that form the basis of invoking relevant ones for accessing both equity and debt capital.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Professional qualification (CPA, ACCA) is a mandatory requirement
- A member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK)
Desired work experience:
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial sector with sound exposure to credit or lending and debt recovery.
For those who are interested in this position, please submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three official references and scanned copies of your credentials to.
The Human Resources & Administration Officer Yehu Microfinance Services Ltd
P.O. BOX 82120 – 80100
Or you can also email the applications through firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com The closing date for applications is 15th January 2024.