Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Business Administration jobs, Accounting jobs, Finance jobs, Statistics jobs, Economics jobs,Banking jobs,
Coverage Officer, East Africa
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead the origination and customer relationship management within assigned geography, including setting overall customer strategy and account plan.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the customers’ needs and the sectors or markets in which they operate and define and agree relationship strategy and drive execution.
- Actively identify customers’ needs across the bank’s capabilities and originate new business by leveraging on the bank’s competitive advantage with existing and new customers.
- Initiate and lead strategic discussions with customers, as well as identify solutions and bring in the right product partners to execute on proposals.
- Deliver customer revenues, impact and managing risk acceptance particularly compliance and credit risk.
- Once an opportunity is identified, prepare an application to the “New Deal Forum” and participate in term sheet negotiations.
- Oversee seamless client onboarding and liaising with portfolio management department, continued portfolio monitoring of customers.
- Support the product teams through the deal development cycle.
- Work closely with the product teams to develop appropriate and tailor-made solutions in line with the bank’s strategy.
- Track deal closure in collaboration with product teams.
- Produce periodic technical and financial progress reports on transactions in the assigned region.
- Champion the bank’s brand, core values, culture and conduct standards.
- Mentor and share core competence related knowledge with other employees.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under the bank’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A master’s degree (or equivalent) in Commerce, Economics, Banking, Business Administration, or related field from a recognized institution with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience and proven track record in a corporate banking or DFI environment.
- Strong interpersonal skill and a proven track record in client relationship management.
- Robust knowledge of the regulatory environments in the Bank’s operating regions with excellent knowledge of professional and industry standards.
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills with ability to describe highly complex issues, approaches, and lessons learned in a manner that is relevant and understandable to internal and external stakeholders.
- Results oriented individual with proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multicultural teams, deliver results and management client relationships; and
- Fluency in verbal and written English is a requirement. Knowledge of TDB’s other working languages (French or Portuguese) would be an added advantage.
Senior Credit Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate the financial performance of borrowers and based on a variety of credit risk and other factors, determining an appropriate risk rating for assigned portfolios.
- Own the risk appetite by monitoring, evaluating and reporting on credit limits, exposures, and portfolio characteristics of all clients to adequately provide for any expected credit losses.
- Develop and review credit risk management policies and procedures to guide risk taking practices and decision making.
- Conduct Risk Reviews /Risk Opinions on credit applications to ensure there is independent and expert scrutiny of credit risks and rewards, mitigations and provide feedback to business development officers during the structuring phase of credit facilities.
- Present the Risk Reviews, opinions, and recommendations on residual risks to the relevant Credit Committees for consideration in risk taking decisions.
- Implement [external & internal] audit findings or recommendations within agreed timeframe.
- Oversight of the Credit and Political Risk Insurance Portfolio to ensure applicable exposures are adequately mitigated for; Process renewals on existing insurance covers, make applications to acquire new insurance where required and Prepare Insurance Portfolio Reports.
- Actively identify early warning signals at client and portfolio level to prevent weak assets from crystallizing into unmitigated losses; Conduct annual and interim risk reviews of existing credit facilities and monitor financial and non-financial covenants and recommend corrective action plans.
- Collect timely, credible and accessible data on country, sector and obligor exposures to provide decision makers with appropriate information to inform risk taking decisions.
- Contribute to the department’s periodic risk reporting process by ensuring timely submission of data to inform corporate reporting.
- Act as Secretary to the Credit Committee to keep record of deliberations and ensure meetings are held in a structured manner by sending Invitations & Agenda for Credit Committee meetings to Members, Presenters & Observers.
- Train and mentor credit analysts to equip them with the knowledge and skills to effectively perform their role.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- Relevant professional qualification/ certification such as ACIB, ACCA, CPA, CA, CIA, FRM, PRM.
- Membership of a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial/Development Banking or Financial institution environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of corporate and sovereign credit risk management concepts and international standards relating to credit risk.
- Enabler to the business deal teams and cross functional taskforces through an entrepreneurial mindset for optimal win-win solutions for both the client and the Bank without compromising on risks.
- Experience in trade finance as well as project and infrastructure finance structures in the region.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in different environments and with culturally diverse teams.
- Solid track-record in developing and nurturing talent and managing diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Must be able to balance between strategic thinking and detail orientation, yet flexible to work in a fast-paced environment, a team player with excellent technical, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills including financial and risk modelling.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Knowledge of TDB’s other working languages (French or Portuguese) would be an added advantage.