Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Social Work jobs, Child Protection jobs,NGO jobs,
Global Child Safeguarding Advisor – Parental Cover
- Are you passionate about Child Safeguarding in ActionAid? Are you committed to creating a safe working environment for young people who encounter ActionAid’s work? Are you an experienced SHEA & Safeguarding professional with proven experience in Child Safeguarding, child sensitive case management, and developing proactive prevention approaches to implementing Child Safeguarding Policies and approaches? Do you live and breathe ActionAid’s Feminist Approach to leadership?
- You will report to the Global SHEA and Safeguarding Lead and will be part of the cutting edge, Global SHEA, and Safeguarding Team – working to create a feminist and survivor-centred approach to preventing to sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse- including child abuse. This role also involves a close working relationship and day to day collaboration with ActionAid’s Global PSEA Advisor and ActionAid’s network of Global SHEA & Safeguarding Focal Points, across the federation.
- As the parental leave cover for the Global Child Safeguarding Advisor, you will help deliver our SHEA and Safeguarding strategy with a focus on preventing and protecting children and young people from sexual exploitation and abuse perpetrated by ActionAid’s staff and representatives, or harm resulting from our programmes. This work will involve support to the ActionAid Federation to deliver on the Global Child Safeguarding Policy, 2021. It also involves developing procedures to prevent and respond to allegations relations to breaches to the Child safeguarding Policy, 2021. You will work collaboratively with colleagues across the ActionAid Federation to realize capacity and create an approach to preventing breaches of AAI’s Child Safeguarding Policy, 2021 all areas of our work. Your remit will also include overseeing cases and risks relating to Child Safeguarding Policy breaches carried, out by ActionAid staff and representatives. This role also involves developing tools and approaches aimed at addressing the specific SHEA & Safeguarding risks which young people face, when they encounter ActionAid’s work.
Who we’re looking for:
- To succeed you will At least 3 years’ experience working in an international context on Child Safeguarding or Child Protection, PSEA, Sexual Harassment, GBV/ VAWG, Protection or Whistleblowing.
- Preferably a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field such as Human Rights, GBV or sexual violence, humanitarian approaches, Social Work, Child Protection or other related field. You will have embedded Child Safeguarding or related practice into programmes and have experience of developing policies and risk management structures.
- You will also be used to handling complex investigations and cases in a child- sensitive manner.
- You will have experience designing and delivering training, awareness raising and other capacity sharing activities for staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- You will also be used to developing and operating monitoring and evaluating child safeguarding mechanisms.
What we offer:
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done. We offer a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment, as well as:
- Fantastic training and development opportunities.
- A workplace that embraces intersectional feminist principles.
- Over 3 weeks holiday a year.