Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Auditing jobs,
Grants Officer (Finance)
About The Role
As a Grants Officer at the Thomson Reuters Foundation, you will:
- Responsible for monitoring budget management and financial management of implementing partners.
- Proactively liaise with partners ensuring on the delivery of correct and timely financial reporting schedule
- Support the Program Manager and implementing partners with structuring and verifying funding requests
- Support the Programs Team with the Accounts Payable process to ensure timely disbursement of funds to partners.
- Support the Program Manager and Senior Program Accountant with donor audit process
- Provide additional oversight and support to partners conducting high value/high impact procurement processes.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable records for all partners and reconcile to SAP balances monthly
- Support the improvement of financial tools and guides used in partner financial monitoring and reporting
- Provide technical guidance and training to partners for the purpose of using TRF templates and following guidelines
- Provide technical support to Program Team’s carrying out due diligence checks on potential implementing partner organisations
- Uphold TRF policies and procedures in relation to Fraud and Corruption and Whistleblowing
To be considered for the Grants Officer at the Thomson Reuters Foundation, you will have:
- Training to be an accountant/CPA
- Previous roles in charitable (INGO) sector working as part of a finance team
- Project accounting experience
- Excellent communicator and have strong analytical and people skills.
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a remote team both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent attention to detail thorough approach to work
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar accounting software would be beneficial