Information Management jobs, Statistics jobs, Computer science jobs,
Regional Information Management Specialist
Anticipatory Action (AA) Initiative
- Develop and maintain displacement predictions models using relevant tools and techniques
- Attend relevant meetings and conferences to stay abreast of the latest developments in protection information monitoring and displacement predictions modelling
- Develop and produce regular reports on displacement trends, necessary visualizations, maps and other visual aids
- Participate in the organization’s emergency response efforts as needed
- Develop and maintain protection information monitoring systems including set up of data collection tools and databases
- Compile regular reports, develop necessary visualizations on project performance for use by both internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct regular analysis of data to assess project progress, identify trends and inform decision making
- Assist in the development of proposals, reports, and other communications materials related to protection information monitoring and displacement predictions modelling
- Develop and maintain data management systems and databases to support protection information monitoring and displacement predictions modelling
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that data and information are accurate and up-to-date
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building support to field staff on data collection, analysis, and management
- Travel to field locations as needed
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Experience and technical competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Certification in R Program or relevant data analytics course
- At least 3 years of experience in information management, data analysis, or a related field
- Conversant with R programming language (Additional knowledge of Python is an advantage)
- Experience with displacement predictions modelling using relevant tools such as ArcGIS, R, or Python
- Knowledge on protection monitoring and experience with Protection Information Management (PIM) Systems
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts and field work in South Sudan is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with electronic data collection procedures and solutions (ODK, Kobo, Qualtrics, ONA, Survey CTO etc)
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
- French language would be an advantage.
Skills: (indicate fluency level)
- Proficient in R programming language
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge on SQL
- Knowledge of Python is an added advantage
- Experience with GIS software is an added advantage