Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Banking jobs,Business related jobs,Absa Bank Limited jobs,
Head of FI – Corporate
- To provide specialist advice and support in relationship management, enabling the provision of sound claims assessment expertise.
- To Develop and manage the successful end to end delivery and execution of Financial Institutions portfolios including business enablement, Compliance and Risk and operational efficiency.
- To directly lead a relationship team(s) covering a portfolio of Corporate Banking customers with specific focus on the Financial Institutions including DFIs, driving business performance within that specific business segment.
- Performance management, training and coaching of members of the industry team.
- To personally relationship manage and sustain a portfolio of Corporate Banking customers with specific focus on the Financial Institutions, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through prudent risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The primary objective is to maximize risk-adjusted portfolio contribution, while balancing the requirements for lending to all such entities vis a vis reputational risk for the bank.
- The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
- The job holder will be expected to develop an intimate knowledge of Financial Institutions, relevant regulatory framework and demonstrate the ability to meet with senior management of the Financial Institutions for negotiation of financial transactions.
- Manage quality service delivery to clients, risk and compliance and strategic objectives, driving efficiency and productivity, planning and implementing change initiatives and performance plans.
- Responsible for ensuring the relationship team works closely with the product partners to ensure relationship plans, cross-sell initiatives and sales performance metrics are met.
Accountability: Business Performance: 40%
- Define Financial Institutions strategy and Medium-Term Plans to ensure clarity on strategic initiatives and business alignment.
- Drive end to end strategic delivery through assigned programs and business initiatives within agreed timelines.
- Provide business design to Financial Institutions with aim of positively impacting business performance.
- Establish lean processes and execution frameworks for Financial Institutions that will propel front line enablement.
- Design Client Value Proposition across Financial Institutions that will inform overall Industry strategy and map out to credit appetite.
- Formulate business development strategies and objectives for the industry to meet changing market needs.
- Monitor conformance of industry team using new relationship development procedures.
- Monitor results of customer surveys for the industry against target service quality standards.
- Provide industry thought leadership based on market research and changing industry dynamic within the team’s market and geographical area.
Accountability: Business Management: 20%
- Manage performance of the industry team against key financial (risk-adjusted contribution) sales, service and operational targets.
- Champion, manage and monitor implementation of change impacting the industry team and arising from central and local corporate change programmes.
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business, Pan Africa.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with Product and Regional Sector Heads, and other peers in order to devise bespoke solutions for clients.
Accountability: People Management: 20%
- Inspire teams across CIB and other business functions to work together to achieve the strategic vision by building, leading, managing, and motivating high performing teams to high standards and excellence.
- Encourage teams to achieve stretch targets through their personal development and management of their careers.
- Provide clear strategic direction to the team whilst ensuring Absa’s Guiding Principles are communicated and upheld.
- Maintain an ethical and positive work climate within CIB that is conducive to attract and retain a diverse group of talented employees at all levels.
- Ensure that practices are in place to enable employees to be highly efficient and motivated.
- Grow business leaders in the function by supporting them to make the transition to roles of strategic holistic contributions across the franchise.
- Take full accountability for People Risk management for the function. Ensure adequate monitoring of risk metrics, assessments and work with the team to develop corrective actions.
- Ensure the practical and effective implementation of Group standards for formal Performance Development.
- Together with line leaders in the function, develop a learning and development strategy that will address the current and future business needs. Ensure that adequate resources are set aside to execute the identified interventions.
- Ensure the establishment and regular update of succession plans for key and high-risk roles in the function.
- Review the Talent lists prepared for the functional areas on an annual basis and provide a sense check in line with the overall ABSA strategy/agenda.
- Ensure that the Group mandated recruitment governance is followed rigorously throughout the function. Manage and Review workforce plans for the function and reallocate resources where required in line with the overall ABSA strategy
Accountability: Risk Management and Governance: 20%
- Determine Financial Institutions risk profile by ensuring alignment to the Group profile, regulatory and governance requirements.
- Review the risk management practices of the unit and highlight areas that require improvements to senior management.
- Ensure tracker and regular maintenance of Risk Dashboard and overall Risk Profile for the functional area.
- Take accountability for the assigned principal risks in terms of the Absa’ Risk Management framework.
- Ensure that controls are adhered to across the Financial Institutions segment.
- Drive a culture of proactive compliance in the function.
- Determine action plans to effectively reduce and manage risk issues related to Internal Audit findings.
- Interact with the different risk management specialist areas in Absa (Risk, Internal Audit &Compliance) to ensure an understanding of the requirements and that functional policies and processes incorporate all the necessary elements.
- Review the risk management practices of the function as a whole and highlight areas that require improvement to leaders in the team. Ensure that they understand their responsibility for risk ownership.
- An appropriate University Degree/Masters with preference for Business Field.
- (Above 10) years (Technical/Managerial) experience
- A detailed knowledge of the Core set of products
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers.
- Ability to Introduce products and co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- A good knowledge of the products and services available in the Sector is also required.
- A broad understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
- A detailed understanding of Country and credit risk policy guidelines.
- At least 10 Years commercial banking experience
- Project management experience, preferably in a financial services environment.
- Knowledge of risk management & compliance.
- Proven track record of mobilizing and inspiring a team to reach strategic objective.