Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Engineering jobs, Technical jobs, Building and Construction jobs, Legal jobs,
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project management, Plan, coordinate and manage civil engineering projects, including construction, maintenance and renovation activities;
- Structural design and analysis; design and analyse structural elements, ensuring compliance with local buildings codes;
- Facility maintenance; implement preventive maintenance programs for civil infrastructure, including structures, drainage systems and utilities;
- Quality assurance: Conduct regular inspections to assess the structural integrity and safety of existing civil infrastructure. Recommend and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Construction supervision: oversee construction projects, monitor progress and ensure compliance with project plans, specifications, timelines and to take initiatives towards the backlogs and all piling work for closure.
- Collaboration and coordination: work closely with cross-functional teams, including operations, maintenance and safety to ensure seamless integration of civil engineering projects with overall facility operations;
- Budgeting, negotiating and cost control: prepare cost estimates for civil engineering projects and monitor expenditures to ensure adherence to approved budgets.
- Documentation and reporting: Prepare technical reports, project documentation and progress reports. Maintain accurate records of project activities, including drawings, specifications and correspondence;
- Team management: provide guidance, support to Team technicians involved in Civil engineering projects, and take corrective measures as and when needed,
Requirements for Appointment;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Served in the grade of Engineer (Civil) for five(5) years and above;
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized lnstitution;
- Been registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya (ERB) with a current valid annual practicing License from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya and a Corporate Member with Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Attended a Project Development and Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution.
- Certificate in Computer application skills and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results,
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing technical advice to the County on Physical planning matters;
- Overseeing implementation of the physical development policics, guidelines, stratcgics and spatial plans;
- Overseeing development of a framework for development of County Infrastructure;
- Coordinate site analysis;
- Overseeing collection of geographical data for preparation, design and review of physical development plan;
- Spearheading vetting and verification of Physical development and building plans;
- Regulate use of County land;
- Overseeing implementation of development control and preservation orders;
- Providing technical advice on matters concerning alienation and appropriate use of land such as change of use, extension of use, extension of lease, sub-division of land and amalgamation of county land;
- Managing and maintaining physical planning records and data banks;
- Resolving conflicts arising from physical planning processes;
- Initiating and facilitating research on urbanization strategies and policies and any other matter related to physical planning;
- Collaboration with other stakeholders and the National Land Commission and National Government on matters related to physical planning;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirement For Appointment;
For appointment in this grade, a candidate must have-
- Served for a minimum period of five(5) years & above;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline:
- Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning or Town planning or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- Membership to Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya;
- Registration with Physical Planners Registration Board,
- Attended Senior Management Course lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized Institution in Kenya;
- Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized Institution in Kenya;
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding for national goals, policies, objectives and the ability to relate them to the physical planning function.
Members of County Policing Authority – 6 Positions
The County Government of Kajiado wishes to recruit qualified and competent persons to serve as members of the Kajiado County Policing Authority, in accordance with the provision of the Nalional Police Service Act 2011 Section 41 (1) (e) & (2). The Kajiado Public Service Board invites applications from persons ordinarily resident in Kajiado County to fill six (6) positions in the following categories: –
- The Business Sector
- Community Based Organization
- Persons with special needs;
- Religion, Organizations; and
- The Youth
Terms of Service
- Members appointed under Section 1 (e) shall serve for a term of 2 years and shall be eligible for re- appointment for one further term.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop proposals on priorities, objectives and targets for police performance in the county;
- Monitor trends and patterns of crime in the county including those with a specific impact onwomen and children;
- Promote community policing initiatives in the county;
- Monitor progress and achievement of set targets;
- Provide financial oversight of the budget of the County police;
- Provide feedback on performance of the police service at the county level county police;
- Provide a platform through which the public participates on all aspects to do with countypolicy and the national police service at county level;
- Facilitate public participation on county policing policy;
- Ensure policing accountability to the public;
- Receive reports from Community Policing Forums and Committees; and
- Ensure compliance with the national policing standards.
Requirements for appointment
- Must have a minimum of K.C.S.E. D+ or its equivalent.
- Should be a good leader, of good character and moral standing.
- Must be conversant with the security issues in Kajiado County.
- Should have a good understanding of the National Policing standards.
- Should be able to set priorities, monitor and evaluate performance.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and clearance certificates. Indicate the position and reference applied for on the envelope and address to:
KAJIADO COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 664-01100
- Properly referenced applications should be hand-delivered at the office of the County Public Service Board Offices at ACK Tenebo House, Kajiado Town;
- All applicants are required to get clearance from the following institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID);
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Any form of canvassing shall lead to immediate disqualification;
Kajiado County is an equal opportunity employer; women, youth, and persons with disabilities are encourage to apply;
Please be informed that Kajiado County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor does it charge any fees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, All queries should be directed to the; –
Email – email@example.com or Phone Number; – 0753655394 ONLY.
Applications should be received on or before 11th August 2023 at 5.00PM