Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Finance Management Jobs, Product Administration, Career Opportunities,
Contracts Finance Manager
The Contracts Finance Manager will join the Airbel team to help us deliver high-quality financial and subcontract management across these complex awards. In this role you will work closely with project teams and partners to provide high-quality financial analysis, support budget realignments, forecasting and tracking, ensure timely and accurate reporting, maintain contract records, and coordinate with subcontractors for budget delivery and financial compliance with FCDO contract requirements.
- Reviewing subcontract partners’ monthly financial reports and supporting documents, ensuring they are complete, accurate and produced in a timely manner for consolidation and submission.
- Provide recommendations for payment, questioning and disallowing expense claims in line with FCDO cost eligibility guidelines.
- Ensuring financial reports are produced in compliance with FCDO and IRC exchange rate policies, including keeping track of expenditure in the various currencies.
- Share feedback on questioned costs with partners and follow up to ensure that recommendations are implemented. Maintain an action tracker for remediation of findings and questioned costs, and gaps and resources required to address these.
- Actively track expenditure versus project budget, prepare monthly Budget vs Actuals (BVA) reports highlighting variances and resource allocation needs to Project leads, and flagging any arising issues as relevant.
- Ensuring that partners keep supporting documents for all financial transactions and keep ledgers for Fixed Assets, Risk Register, Purchase Requisitions, Cash Receipts and Disbursements, and are following the agreed systems for Level of Effort reporting and procurements.
- Submitting payment requests to IRC Finance and processing fund transfers to partners. Maintain a register to show the advance funds to partners, the liquidation patterns, and the balances at any time.
- Work closely with Project Leads and IRC Country Program counterparts to ensure effective and timely budget monitoring, payments, booking of expenses and accurate financial reporting.
- Ensuring internal accounting documents are produced accurately and on a timely basis.
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree International Affairs, Public Administration, Economics, Business Studies, Accounting, Commerce, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 3-4 years of related work experience, preferably for an International Non-Governmental Organization managing FCDO grants and contracts.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex grants and projects throughout implementation, including financial compliance and reporting processes.
- Excellent budget and financial management skills, including experience tracking expenses, developing spending plans and forecasts, and high proficiency in Excel.
- Experience working on FCDO grants or contracts preferred, with good working knowledge of FCDO Terms & Conditions.
- Experience working with subcontractors and partners, including partner financial monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and work on a virtual team
- The ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment – pro-activity and initiative to problem solve within the job parameters is essential; strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English; French language proficiency is desirable
Program & Awards Advisor, Central Africa
The Purpose of the Role
The Program and Awards Advisor plays a vital role within the Regional Program and Award Support Team overseeing an award portfolio of humanitarian relief and post-crisis recovery programs. The Program and Awards Advisor liaises with country programs, HQ departments and donor contacts to ensure high quality guidance and support to country offices throughout the award lifecycle. The role works with country offices to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations and IRC systems and processes and leads on the review and submission of high-quality donor deliverables. The Program and Awards Advisor represents the region and country offices to internal and external stakeholders and manages donor relationships.
Key Working Relationships
Reports to Director, Awards Management. Works closely with all Regional Program and Award Support team members, and across all teams within Awards Management Unit, Crisis Response Recovery and Development Department, Global Partnerships and Philanthropy, Global Supply Chain, Finance, Office of General Counsel, Technical Excellence, and other key departments within IRC. Donor and partner point of contact as applicable per region.
Awards Management and Compliance (45%)
- Oversee a portfolio of awards for the Central Africa region, comprising Burundi, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Tanzania. Main donors in portfolio will include USAID, BHA, PRM, GAC, and UN donors, but may also include other donors as assigned.
- Serve as the first point of contact for country office Grants and Partnerships teams and provide guidance and support on matters related to donor compliance and communication, project management (e.g. project cycle meetings), OTIS and partnerships (PEERS).
- Participate in in regular meetings with country offices to provide support and collaborate with country program teams on issues related to donor compliance, submissions of reports and other post award deliverables, and/or monitoring/awards management.
- Guide country offices in managing partnerships with local or international partners, ensuring that IRC’s Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS) is being followed, review and process sub-grant/partnership agreements in alignment with PEERS, and coordinate with the compliance team in supporting compliant and effective partnerships as needed.
- Review agreements and lead negotiation of award terms and conditions with donor counterparts in alignment with internal processes.
- Guide country offices, in partnership with other relevant departments, in the development and submission of award amendments/modifications, ensuring high-quality, compliant submissions.
- Supervise Program and Award Officer(s) in the review and submission of donor reports and other deliverables, ensuring input from relevant technical and financial staff.
- Provide support on private opportunities and awards management, in coordination with the Regional Support Manager and private fundraising team as assigned.
- Provide support to and monitoring of projects to ensure progress against objectives and compliance with donor guidelines and IRC internal requirements. Monitoring of awards can take the shape of monitoring visits, participation in project implementation meetings and other regular calls.
- Facilitate and build interdepartmental relationships to address country office needs and solve problems in relation to awards management, partnership management and compliance.
- Maintain a strong relationship with regional and AMU leadership and escalate issues of concern as needed
- Supervise direct reports in carrying out necessary functions as they relate to country program support
- Stay informed about programmatic issues and security and political developments in the region and how they might affect program implementation
- Coordinate with RPOs for other regions for information sharing and to establish a coherent program support and backstopping function between headquarters and the field.
- Travel to country offices to provide surge support and monitoring across the areas of programs, awards, and partnerships, including for gap-filling purposes as requested.
Proposal Development (15%)
- In collaboration with the regional Program Development team, support business development in the region by providing effective proposal support, ranging from proposal management to comprehensive support and quality assurance for UN and non-European donors as needed.
- Provide quality assurance and quality compliance support on proposals, leading proposal development and coordination as needed. Ensure responsiveness to and compliance with solicitation documents and with IRC’s requirements.
- Review and advise on internal policy and donor requirements, budgets and supporting documentation for proposals in coordination with AMU and HQ Finance Department.
- Facilitate and/or participate in internal post-submission debrief sessions with country teams, technical units, regional team and other relevant stakeholders to collect lessons learned as needed.
- Maintain complete and accurate electronic files, including final submission packages and internal trackers, in coordination with the regional Program Development team.
Donor Liaison and Representation (15%)
- Maintain contact with donors regarding updates, amendments, or key programmatic changes.
- Liaise with donors on ongoing and future opportunities.
- Represent IRC externally to donors and stakeholder networks, as appropriate.
- Participate in representational visits, events and meetings as requested.
Capacity Building and Training (10%)
- Mentor and coach Grants and Partnerships staff on IRC systems and processes to ensure capacity is built at country level.
- As requested, develop training materials and deliver training to IRC country program staff in coordination with the Directors, Awards Management and the AMU Training and Compliance team.
- In coordination with the Directors, Awards Management, develop and maintain work-processes and checklists for awards implementation and reviews, as well as record lessons learned.
- Onboard new country office Grants and Partnerships staff and new Program and Award Support team to assigned donors, policies and/or IRC processes.
Staff Management, Learning & Development (10%)
- Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct reports, including communicating clear expectations, providing regular and timely performance feedback, document/discuss performance issues if needed, and deliver high-quality documented annual performance reviews.
- Ensure direct reports are trained on all relevant IRC processes and donor regulations.
- Support direct reports in achieving annual objectives, acting as a trusted and accountable manager, mentor and professional resource, including promoting collaboration, enabling adequate resourcing and ensuring accountability.
Other Responsibilities (5%)
- Contribute to AMU and regional strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Liaise with communications and external relations staff to inform IRC media products as needed.
- Participate in special projects as needed and other tasks as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Five years of progressive work experience in award management or business development with donors such as USAID/BHA, the U.S. Department of State/PRM and UN agencies
- Two years of international field experience highly desirable, familiarity with countries in the region preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Financial analysis skills preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in speaking on relevant issues with internal and external audiences
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships (e.g., with internal actors, peers, donors)
- Effective people management skills: ability to lead staff and promote productivity in a pleasant work environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple and complex tasks and thrive under pressure
- Solid organizational and creative problem-solving skills: ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking team environment
- Good computer skills
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Experience in working at a distance and supporting field-based staff
- Experience writing, reviewing and editing narrative and financial reports and excellent attention to detail
Product Administrator, Signpost
The Product Admin, Signpost will be a crucial component of the deployment of new Signpost projects and provide ongoing product support to existing programs. The Product Officer will govern, administer, and implement Signpost products, including Zendesk Support, Twilio, Zendesk Guide, Google Cloud, Azure, Transifex, and Mapbox. The incumbent will establish and maintain operating procedures and guidance for the administration of the Signpost’s products that are consistent with overall company practices. The Product Officer will work directly with project leadership in each country to design and implement new projects on quick timelines in the midst of crises. This position requires strong technical problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of independence, an interest in the use of technology for emergency response, and the ability to work well in a multicultural, dynamic environment.
Product Administration (40%)
- Coordinates with external Technology Partners on discrete project or troubleshooting tasks
- Monitor automated integrations with other systems and resolve any failures and/or escalate issues to the appropriate support
- Lead bug fixing, product testing, and troubleshooting requests for users on short timelines
- Maintain relationship with IRC IT and Zendesk Services team to solve problems as they arise
- Train new users on the use of Signpost tools and create user guidance
- Report and analyze product data and analytics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Supports billing and tool administration
Product Implementation (30%)
- Coordinate with Signpost project teams and partners to set up new instances of Signpost
- Works alongside the Product Manager and technology team to design and build new features
- Meet regularly with programs teams to understand ongoing needs and requests
- Design system workflows and processes alongside project teams
- Lead the integration and migration of Signpost tools with partner tools
- Set timelines and expectations for the delivery of new features with project teams
- Help manage pro bono support, volunteers, and fellows from partner organizations
Technology Strategy (15%)
- Contribute to the build out and execution of Signpost’s technology roadmap
- Elicit and collect insights from the field teams regarding product needs, improvements, problems, and suggestions to help the product team prioritize improvements in the Signpost technology roadmap.
- Contribute to discussions with Signpost tech partners and potential collaborators about new features
Technical Project Management Support (15%)
- Add new tickets and tasks for software development teams
- Prioritize ongoing development work alongside the Product Manager and Technical Project Manager
- Participate in sprint planning and task management with the product team
Key Working Relationships
Reports to: Product Specialist, Signpost
- 2-4 years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector, product administration or management, systems engineering or technology consulting
- Experience training individuals and groups and/or other client facing experience within a complex stakeholder environment
- Experience administering Zendesk and/or other CRM’s, working with Zapier integrations, using Jira or other product management tools
- Experience writing user stories and technical tasks for developers, data analysts, and cloud engineers
- Experience troubleshooting and coordinating with management, Quality Assurance teams, and end users
- Highly proficient in Social Media tools, Web Analytics, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Tools, and SharePoint.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Ability to respond enthusiastically and positively to ambiguity
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s in computer science and/or systems engineering
- Knowledge of Geospatial mapping tools such as ArcGIS, Mapbox SDKs, etc.
- Knowledge of Data Analysis tools and principles (PowerBI)
- Knowledge of Figma and basic User Experience Design principles
- Experience in a humanitarian or development organization, or similar