Project Management, Administration, Secretarial , Finance, Accounting, Audit,
Corporate Engagement Officer
- To work closely with colleagues across ITF to create corporate events and opportunities for ITF’s strategic corporate partners. Lead approaches and negotiations to secure long-term, mutually beneficial corporate partnerships in line with ITF’s strategy and values.
REPORTING TO UK & Ireland Programme Manager, also working closely with ITF’s other Corporate Engagement Officer and the UK Programme Development Lead.
Currently – none
- The main responsibility for the role is in coordinating corporate tree planting events.
- Coordinate tree planting events around the world for a range of ITF partners
- Interact with existing and potential NGO partners around the world
- Take a leading role within meetings and presentations to prospective new partners
- Track expenditure against agreed budgets
- Travel (where necessary) to planting events in the UK / Europe
The role will also work within the team in:
- Developing new and existing corporate relations, such as:
- Developing sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies with ITF strategic partners
- Ensuring timely and suitable interaction with potential new business partners
- Assisting with meetings and presentations to prospective new partners
- Be creative and innovative in generating funds from corporate partnerships including contributing to bids, proposals and pitches
- Supporting ITF’s corporate due diligence process
- Ensuring effective systems for onboarding of new corporate partners
- Renegotiating contracts with existing partners in liaison with relevant colleagues
- Contributing to reports on performance against income targets and prospect pipeline
- Supporting ITF‘s UK Programme, such as:
- Fostering relationships with UK partners and develop new proposals together
- Drawing up and renegotiating contracts with new and existing partners, both for implementing and funding partners.
- Keeping track of project progress and assisting partners where necessary in the progress of their projects.
- Maintaining and developing ITF’s systems for effective, timely relationship management
- Wider role in ITF
- Participate and contribute to staff team meetings and teambuilding activities
- Any duties, of an equivalent nature, that ITF from time to time required
- Experienced and interested in event planning
- Friendly and personable, happy to reach out to prospective partners via email/phone
- Determined, creative and resourceful, demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude when confronted with potential hurdles
- Organised and able to work effectively within short time frames
- A team player, who is also able to effectively without supervision
- Flexible and willing to work outside normal work hours (as occasionally required)
- Good relationship building and networking skills which result in positive outcomes
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft software packages
- Adaptable and responsive to the needs of a small charity
- Spanish language skills (highly desirable)
- A creative thinker who can identify new ways to engage partners
- Committed to ITF’s vision and values.
Application deadline: Monday, 23rd October 2023
Likely interview dates: w/c 30th October
Finance and Administration Officer
Objective of this post
- To support the accurate, efficient and effective management of ITF’s finances, HR and facilities.
- This position reports to the Finance Manager.
- This role works closely with colleagues across ITF including the other Finance and Administration Officer. The two roles will lead on different areas but also be able to cover each other’s work as required.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Keeping the finances of the organisation up to date
This may include:
- Ensure efficient processing and record keeping of funds received, and payment of invoices on our accounting system (Quickbooks)
- Where required, support fundraising colleagues with effective tracking and reporting of donations via the ITF website and other platforms/giving mechanisms
- Work with Corporate team to ensure receipt of donations – raising invoices where necessary and ensuring timely payment
- Support with Gift Aid claim process
- Process purchase invoices, prepare for approval and process payments.
- Deal with queries as required
- Reconcile all bank accounts and funding platform income monthly
- Prepare month end journals for prepayments, accruals, depreciation etc. in collaboration with the Finance Manager
- Prepare financial reports for senior management/board in collaboration with the Finance Manager
- Act as back up in the management of all aspects of payroll, processing UK payroll and coordination with payroll bureau for Africa team payroll
- Review, process and track payments to partners
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of audit working papers and other matters relating to the annual accounts as required
- Handle finance-related queries from the team
- Support the continual improvement of ITF’s financial systems and ways of working
- Ensuring the smooth administration of the organisation
This may include:
- Provide back up support to ensure day to day functioning of ITF facilities in liaison with landlord, acting as joint ITF Tenant Rep with support and oversight from the Finance Manager
- Work with ITF’s IT consultant & Finance Manager to ensure staff have access to appropriate IT
- Jointly handle incoming/outgoing post with Comms team
- Jointly manage the ITF finance@ email account, replying to enquiries and forwarding to other team members
- Liaise with external agencies such as mailing houses, data handlers etc. as required
- Support the organisation of meetings and events (quarterly Board Meetings, Annual General Meeting, staff away days, etc) as required
- Ensure stationery and other supplies are maintained and purchased at the most cost-effective rates and consistent with ITF environmental policies.
- Support the programme and fundraising teams with occasional admin support (e.g. contract signing / filing, support with mailings/envelope stuffing as required)
- Support the Finance & Administration Officer with compliance with health and safety and data management – under supervision from senior management
- Support the Finance & Administration Officer in their role as ITF’s Data Protection Lead
- Support the continual improvement of ITF’s administrative systems, policies and ways of working Human Resources
This may include:
- Provide back up support to the onboarding of new starters and processing of leavers to ensure all relevant steps are followed – maintain/improve checklists
- Support the coordination of induction and training of staff
- Ensure Annual leave, sickness and other absence record are maintained.
- Coordinate probation reviews/meetings and annual review scheduling.
- Support in the maintenance and continuous improvement of all personnel and other HR files
- Support the continual improvement of ITF’s HR systems and ways of working
- Assisting with the administration of grants and programmes
This may include:
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of financial information for the production of project and programme budgets and reports
- Providing Executive support as required
This may include:
- Act as back up to the CEO PA support in the arrangement of meetings including booking venues and sending meeting reminders
- Provide back-up administrative support to the Chief Executive, Trustees and Managers as required
- Participate and contribute to staff team meetings and activities
- Organise and attend off-site events as directed from time to time
- Undertake other responsibilities not outlined above which are commensurate with a role of this nature and which have been discussed and agreed with the line manager.
- Contribute towards developing a supportive working environment, and demonstrate a commitment to professionalism and respect, transparency and accountability and uphold quality standards as outlined in policies and procedures, and in compliance with ITF’s Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policies
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of financial transaction processing (purchase ledger, income processing and bank reconciliations) (essential)
- Working knowledge of month end processes (fixed assets, prepayments, accruals journals) an advantage (desirable)
- Experience of handling overseas payments and foreign currency transactions an advantage (desirable).
- Experience in undergoing year end audits would be an advantage (desirable)
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures (desirable).
- Experience in liaison with IT consultants to coordinate IT support to colleagues (desirable).
Skills and abilities
- Effective financial processing / bookkeeping skills (essential).
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to coordinate activities (essential).
- Ability to work independently with light supervision, manage time effectively and flexibility and prioritise workload (essential).
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively both verbally and in writing with a range of people, including colleagues, funders, grantees, contractors and Trustees (essential).
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including the ability to use cloudbased financial software (experience of using QuickBooks – desirable) and comfortable using Excel with keenness to develop those skills (essential).
- Alignment with ITF’s values
- At least two years’ experience in a finance role
- Accounting qualification, e.g. AAT (full or part qualified or studying for)
- Or ‘qualified by experience’
How to apply
Application deadline: Wednesday 25th October 2023, midnight.
Interview date: W/C 30th October 2023 (likely 1st November)
Method of Application
To apply, please send a cover letter (no more than two pages) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org