Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Laboratory Sciences jobs, Microbiology jobs,Medical jobs,Healthcare jobs,
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Organize laboratory services and its structure for efficient and optimal service delivery adapting to prevailing local conditions, levels of expertise and available technology.
- Certify that facilities and bio-safety measures in the laboratory/lies meet international standards and country requirements; by actively participating in planning and designing of new or upgrading existing facilities.
- Guarantee that standards of laboratory services correspond to HAPs and other programmes or project requirements via keeping Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) up to date and annual review.
- Ensure high quality with regards to international standards in all aspects of service delivery via internal quality control and organizing and facilitating in external quality assessment.
- Verify optimum staffing levels for planned workload. Recruit, train, supervise and assess laboratory staff. Ensure staff development and continuous training needs for staff.
- Contribute in annual HAP activities planning and budget preparation related to laboratory services.
- Guarantee that the equipment and consumables are sufficient for the anticipated workload. Plan and organize procurement, delivery, installation, servicing and operation of all laboratory equipment and optimal expenditure of consumables.
- Validate system of organized record keeping and information management for timely delivery of results, data collection, analysis and reporting for laboratory monitoring and facilitation to operational research.
- Liaise on laboratory related topics with national laboratories and laboratories in other countries, IOM Departments and national relevant entities.
- Implement and maintain the system of service improvement with available long-term work plan addressing at least laboratory assessment, facilities and safety, process control, information management and customer service.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline with two years’ relevant experience, or;
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline with four years’ relevant experience.
- Four years of relevant laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory.
- Proven management and/or Supervisory, or organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical laboratory techniques including for TB;
- Demonstrated ability to implement a laboratory quality management system;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices laboratory biosafety including for a TB containment laboratory;
- Demonstrate effective managerial and leadership skills in the provision of quality laboratory services;
- Computer literate with understanding of data collection and analysis for monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performance.
- Awareness of the laboratory role in health systems, optimal use of resources for quality andefficient services delivery.
- Effectively applies and transfers relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel andlaboratory operations
- Organizational skills;
- Communication skills.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).