Public health jobs, Anthropology jobs, Nursing jobs, Clinical medicine jobs, Community Development jovbs, Social Work jobs,
- The HTS Lead will be responsible for supporting community care delivery systems and providing technical assistance and mentorship to community health care providers and Point of Service staff in support of community care activities with the aim of increasing patient retention and outcomes. The position focuses on strengthening linkages between health facilities and communities for an effective continuum of care delivery structure.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design and implement innovative strategies to enhance the HIV care continuum from linking patients from the HIV testing services points to treatment, retention and life-long support.
- Adapt systems and tools to support implementation of differentiated care models for different population groups and provide framework for improving retention and successful treatment outcomes across population groups and facilities.
- Support county implementation of the MOH community strategy for sustainable patient support.
- Support the health facilities and other service delivery point’s care for patients, carry out infection control, adherence including defaulter management and other related duties at the health facilities and surrounding community.
- Utilize site data to inform quality of care performance at the site and show staff how to make use of such information to improve operations
- Examine facility operations and systems and recommend ways to improve outputs and outcomes
- Exemplify the roles of nursing and care giving staff as part of healthcare team in patient care and how they interact with others and other departments
- Streamline appointment and defaulter tracing systems
- Ensure treatment literacy is provided to enrolled clients
- Assist in developing HIV prevention and care components, processes and SOPs for the adherence, health facility and community.
- By use of innovative training methodologies adapt curricula to support training of health care workers. Support development and implementation of different curricula in different settings
- Assess trainings and evaluate impact of training activities and share recommendations
- Provide onsite Mentorship to adherence nursing staff, community health workers/ volunteers, counselors with the goal of performance improvement in the overall patient care.
- Work closely with Ministry of Health, County and sub county health management teams, health facility and community to realize and showcase examples of successful mentorship.
- A master Degree and at least a degree in Social Sciences, Public health, Anthropology, Nursing, Clinical medicine, or Community Development/Social Work.
- NASCOP Certification in Provision of HTC Services, adult and pediatric ART, and experience in HIV prevention programming is an added advantage.
- 4 – 6years’ experience, 4 years of which should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of HTC services as a team lead.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV, adherence support and HTC service delivery.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, report writing and presentation skills. Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before May 30, 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “HTS LEAD” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.