Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Law jobs, Finance jobs, IT jobs,
Risk & Compliance Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and monitors risk registers for all departments and performs risk assessments for new products and vendors.
- Prepares risk register reports and analysis for review by the manager.
- Develop Templates for Data Collection and assisting with the mapping.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate risk and compliance activities through respective departments to ensure GA remains abreast of the status of all insurance related risks & compliance activities.
- Follow up of any identified deficiencies and make recommendations for amendment.
- Implement the risks and compliance policies and procedures in place.
- Provide reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, and as directed or requested.
- Provide relevant information required by external bodies and regulators on compliance matters such as reporting suspicious transactions related to money laundering and the fight against terrorism financing.
- Act as the contact point for data subjects and the Office of the Data Commissioner.
- Monitor the performance of the compliance program and related activities on a continuous basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Guiding various departments on the implementation of the Data Privacy requirements and supporting then to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Ensuring that IT systems and procedures comply with all relevant data privacy and protection law, regulation, and policy.
- Implementing an effective risk training program as will be developed.
- Keep abreast with the applicable laws, regulations, rules, and standards in the risk & compliance fraternity and advise on the emerging developments of the same.
- Team participation both within the department and other departments.
Job Holder Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, IT or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Risk Certification or Equivalent Professional qualification.
- Member of a professional body e.g., ISACA etc. will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience.
- Background in the financial industry will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Personal attributes: integrity, dependable, initiative-taking, results-oriented, creative, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operationalize strategy into action for the function.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal & written.
Method of Application
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your C.V to email@example.com indicate the position applied for on the email subject line to be received on or before 4th July 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.