Project Management jobs, Consultancy jobs, Human Resources jobs,
Proposal Writer/Proposal Coordinator – Africa
The Proposal Writer/Coordinator – Africa will be an integral part of the Business Development and Partnership team in Africa Region and will provide hands-on proposal and concept notes writing and proposal coordination capacity and design support for business development and funding raising opportunities.
This position will work in partnership will Heifer´s Africa region country offices, business development and partnership teams, sub regional partnership and advocacy leads, signature program team, and HQ-based teams in support of proposal writing and development (Including technical proposals, concept notes, expression of interests, and budgets/cost proposals).
The role holder will also support the day-to-day operations and business development administration activities management for the Business Development – Africa team working under the direction of the Business Development and Partnership – Africa department.
The Proposal Writer and Coordinator – Africa will provide direct support to country programs under the direct management of the Business Development and Partnership Director – Africa and coordinates with Signature programme team as well to strengthen internal design process management for BD and resources mobilization opportunities, and drive revenue generation from institutional donors, foundations, governments, financial institutions such as IFAD, World Bank, AfDB, etc. This will include providing logistics, management, and administrative assistance to the Business Development and Partnership – Africa team.~
The Proposal writer and Coordinator – Africa will act with an emphasis on proposal writing, proposal team selection, projects design calendar development and active management, project managing and coordinating internal review and clearance/approval processes, database entry and tracking, and assisting with hiring business development consultants, and other actions to support smallholder farmers to reach a living income.
The Proposal Writer and Coordinator – Africa will also liaise with U.S.-based support staff to enhance communication and facilitate signature program operations.
The role may be in any of the following countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Malawi, Senegal, Uganda, Rwanda or Zambia.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Detail – oriented, organized, energetic, positive, collaborative, values – Led, good team player, good Communicator, Confident and decision maker, Flexible, Focused and goal-driven, analytical thinking.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Proposal Writing and Coordination and Support (60%)
- Ensure effective and quality funding proposals and Concept Notes writing at country office and regional levels.
- Maintain Africa project proposal tracking in Heifer’s database systems.
- Project Manage the proposal and concept development and writing process workflow for efficiency and effectiveness, taking a collaborative and cooperative approach with Africa Business Development team and country offices, finance departments, and other HQ teams.
- Design of opportunities and quality writing role for expression of interests, concept notes and proposals for the identified donors and potential partners.
- Create tools and templates for calendaring and logistics to coordinate and organize the work of the Africa area and country teams in proposal development.
- Ensure effective management of the approval process for all proposals in the Africa Area Portfolio including management of all relevant documentation for timeliness, stakeholder management and quality.
- Effective process management for the hiring of consultants needed for proposal development including drafting terms of references (TORs) and the contracting process.
- Ensure effective documentation processes necessary for business development including Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), Contracts, Grant Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and other documentation processes, as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to Business Development and Partnership Director and the department including contract management, meetings, and travel arrangements, and others as deemed necessary.
Provide operations and administration and Establish and manage documentation, reports, and database systems (25%)
- Provide operations and administration support to the business development and partnership director as needed.
- Schedule, coordinate agendas, capture meeting minutes for relevant meetings as assigned.
- Develop and maintain shared folders and systems used for business development in the Africa.
- Closely coordinate with Area Business Development and Signature program as well as HQ Teams in reviewing / producing communication (country fact sheets, country capability statements), updating websites and the Heifer intranet, and legal documents (such as Teaming Agreements and Memorandum of Understanding); ensure regional approval before they are sent through for HQ legal reviews.
- In coordination with country directors, regional BD and signature program teams, the post holder provides preparation (and implementation) of various research studies such as competitors / collaboration analysis, analysis of donors and industry trends to inform capture and proposal development.
- Review and provide feedback on the new project pipeline report produced by Project and Funding Identification and Design PFID when needed, including updating key budget and other opportunity-specific information.
Capacity Building at the country & regional level (10%)
- Training, coaching, and mentoring field teams on the use of PFID database systems and best practices for proposal design process management.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Excellence proposal writing, proposal coordination and coordination with wider design teams.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimum University bachelor’s degree in international cooperation, business administration, agriculture, environment and climate smart agriculture and practices, or related field.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in proposal writing and proposal design management.
- At least 5 years coordinating teams and facilitating meetings in English.
- Fluency in English with demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Experience in capacity building, coordination, collaboration, and management.
- Experience coaching and mentoring virtual teams.
- Ability to travel to within Africa and internationally.
- Project Management Knowledge.
- Demonstrable knowledge on major funders such as major institutions, foundations, and government agencies.
- Experience with improving organizational processes for improved business development, relationship, partnerships, and resource mobilization.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Highly organized and confident in helping to organize the work of teams.
- Highly proficient in Office 365, Zoom, Teams and other software as needed.
- Demonstrate understanding of Heifer’s core mission and values and the global context in which we operate.
- Strong English skills, both oral and written.
- Project writing, and Proposal development and management.
- Knowledge of non–profit sectors.
- Familiarity with and experience in responding to requests for application proposals.
- Computer proficient.
- Positive attitude and ability to persist through challenges.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to work under pressure, perform multiple tasks and manage consistently competing priorities, comfortable in rapidly changing environment. Must be flexible and able to improvise to handle a variety of situations.
- Ability to effectively mentor and train individuals and teams using participatory methodologies. Strong facilitation skills preferred.
- Ability to work with delicate personnel situations and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain close relationships and work with team members from a distance and with limited opportunity for personal interaction.
- Constant sitting and working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Constant face-to-face, electronic and telephone communication with colleagues at different levels of the organization and the public.
- Ability to prepare documents and other materials in a well-designed and attractive format, with attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Adequate physical condition necessary to travel to project sites in rural areas.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- To develop identified People Policies and Procedures.
- Develop earmarked People Function frameworks.
- Develop implementation frameworks for developed pieces of work.
- To Improve and optimize existing processes.
The Consultant shall for the duration of this agreement provide the following services: –
- Draft agreed Regional Policies and Procedures.
Country Staff Handbooks/Manuals
- In collaboration with Country People Managers manage the end-to-end delivery of country Handbooks (Senegal, Rwanda, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania) based on a refresh of the Africa HR Manual.
Business Processes and Standards
- Carry out Audit to ascertain status of Process Excellence in the People Business Processes Management in line with new Zadock-Star Standards Assessments (Z-Star SATs) Tool.
- Drive the already started process of evaluating our current plan against what is available in the market to fulfil our staff medical needs with the Regional Office as a priority with closure aimed at having the data before 25th October 2023.
- Collaboratively mine and develop Risk mitigation Register for the People function as well as develop an Updated Risk Register ensuring risk action plans have a monitoring framework to ensure close-outs in a timely fashion.
- Review and give Status report on Pensions and develop Pension management frameworks across Africa.
Job Profiles Review & Benchmarking
- Review of all Job Descriptions for accuracy and grade benchmarking efficiency of all pending JD for review especially old ones and add competency and Technical & behavioral competences.
Support workplan for taking forward the just ended benefits review and analysis as well as PayScale updating based on new market Insights.
Operational Support on need basis during periods of high workload.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- 15 to 20 years of Human Resource experience.
- Strong HR Generalist experience and consulting.
- Experience in Organization Design and Development consulting.
- Certification in Change Management.
- Strong Rewards Management experience.
- Experience in Policy & Job Description writing.
- Member of a Professional HR Body.
- Minimum 1st Degree in Human Resources.
- The Consultant will report to the Africa People Director.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- The consultant shall be paid subject to an acceptable performance report.
- Payment shall be made in thirty (30) days upon submission of invoice and service performance report.
- No advance payment shall be made.
- This Agreement is deemed to commence on the date upon signature by either party.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.