Finance, Accounting, Audit, Law, Legal,
Assistant Program Officer – Internal Audit
- Assist in development of audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and audit objectives
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating key processes as appropriately identified in the risk assessment during assignment planning.
- Assist in identifying internal controls issues for key risk processes in a timely manner to proactively avert losses
- Assist in ensuring successful completion of assigned/planned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning, fieldwork and wrap up activities.
- Assist in performing audit procedures to verify the implementation and effectiveness of controls through testing and interacting with the relevant Society staff.
- Assist in preparation and submission of timely, quality audit reports Assist in constantly monitoring if the audit recommendations have been implemented by the management by way of follow- up audits and report on any gaps observed.
- Assist in managing of audit files and ensure proper filing of working papers;
- Perform detailed checks on key transactions to reassure that key performance measurement and reporting are robust and reliable.
- Assist the case investigation related to fraud, breach cases and other Code of Business Principles.
- Perform ad-hoc audits if requested by Manager Audit & Risk and other functions.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Secretary/CEO from time to time
- Degree in Accounting Finance, Business Administration or other related field.
- Professional: CPA III or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years relevant experience at equivalent position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Knowledge of computerized audit techniques and experience in systems audit will be an added.
Assistant Program Officer-Practice Standards
- Assist the directorate in duties related to advancing Professional Standards, policy development, and implementation
- Engage periodically in sensitization and awareness of the relevant practice rules/guidelines through CPD programs.
- Help in identifying and addressing the malpractices being experienced in courts by stakeholders and consumers of justice.
Advancing practice standards
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the Compliance Monitoring Unit
- Undertaking monitoring and inspection visits of members’ legal practices to weed out masqueraders/quacks Complaint Management (investigations, intelligence gathering, progressing complaints formally according to legislative requirements and in accordance with internal policies and procedures. Ensuring procedural fairness provisions are maintained at all times)
- Assist in developing guidelines for the public, and members. stakeholders and others about LSK regulations complaints and disciplinary procedures. To include guidance on ethics, the regulatory aspects of professional practice and the Code of Conduct.
- Handling correspondences on practice matters
- Assist in the activities implementation of the Committee of Practice Standard and Ethics
- Prepare files and other documentation for the Practice Standards Committee and sub-committee meetings
- Prepare minutes of the Practice Standards committee and subcommittee meetings
- Developing legal drafts, tracking and record-keeping Letters of No Objection
- Maintaining the register of law firms
- Conducting research on practice matters
- Process requests and maintain an inventory of requests for the establishment of law firms
- Assist in fundraising for the Directorates’ Activities.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Secretary/CEO
- Bachelor of Law degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court with a minimum of 2 years post admission experience.
- Hold a valid practicing certificate;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Proficiency in computer skills; and Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Having experience in investigations and litigation will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and legible candidates are required to submit their detailed C.V with three (3) referees and application to email@example.com on or before 9th October, 2023 at 5PM indicating the position applied for. All applications must be clearly addressed to;
Law Society of Kenya
Lavington, Opp. Valley Arcade, Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 72219 – 00200
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to present original certificates and testimonials during the interview.