Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Business Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Auditing jobs, Project Management jobs,
- AMI is expanding rapidly. With support from international social impact investors, we have established offices in Nairobi, Johannesburg, Kigali and Dakar, and worked for an impressive portfolio of clients in East, West and Southern Africa. We have trained over 35,000 individuals in 36 African countries to date.
- AMI is now looking for a Senior Accountant to be based in Nairobi to support the financial operations across the company. This requires an accountant able to work as part of multi-disciplined team in a fast-paced environment.
- The Senior Accountant will be responsible for effectively and accurately handling the day to day finance and accounting functions with adherence to accounting standards. Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, the role requires a commercial, well-organised team player, with a desire to do things right the first time and will liaise with external and internal stakeholders.
Financial Reporting and Management:
- Supervise Accounts assistants and provide guidance when necessary.
- Assist in preparing monthly performance reports for the company and subsidiaries, including analysis and commentary on performance against budgets and prior year.
- Perform month-end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue recognition, expense accounting, etc.
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles, identifying and addressing any material errors or discrepancies.
- Play a key role in the preparation of year-end and statutory accounts.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations are performed for all bank accounts, credit cards, petty cash, etc.
- Maintain proper records and listings of prepayments, accruals, and other relevant accounting records.
- Ensure supporting documents are accurately maintained on NetSuite ERP.
- Analyze expenses to identify cost-cutting opportunities and drive value for the AMI Group.
- Oversee the fixed asset register and reconciliations, including monthly depreciation.
- Manage Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable processes, including entering daily invoices/bills/journal entries, conducting weekly check runs, and preparing monthly accruals across the group.
- Regularly reconcile key accounts and confirm the accuracy of account postings and other financial records.
Cash Flow Management:
- Prepare weekly cash flow statement reports and effectively control expenditure and cash flow.
- Manage working capital and cash flows to maintain a healthy liquidity position for the business.
- Oversee accounts receivable and payable activities.
- Ensure timely payment of vendor invoices and check requests in accordance with authorization and approval policies, and follow up on any outstanding invoices.
- Review aging reports and proactively communicate with customers regarding overdue balances.
- Manage petty cash payments appropriately across the group.
- Assist in preparing documentation for annual financial audits and act as a key liaison with the external auditor.
- Review and analyze current accounting systems and internal controls, providing suggestions for improvement as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with local VAT, income tax, withholding tax (WHT), and statutory reporting requirements across the group, liaising with tax and other advisors as needed.
- Prepare tax schedules for monthly tax filings, ensure timely tax payments, and maintain proper tax accounting.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or a related field from a recognized university.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CPA).
- At least five (5) years’ experience in finance.
- Experience with new system implementation and experience with NetSuite is preferred.
- Experience working for fast-growth, rapidly-scaling companies is an added advantage.
Skills & attributes
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Have good judgment and organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong people management and analytical skills.
- Good financial modelling and forecasting skills.
- Knowledge of cross-border trading and tax planning preferred.
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention for detail.
- Strong problem-solving and reporting skills.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- IT savvy with exceptional Microsoft Excel skills with ability to analyse and interpret data.
Senior Programme Manager
- AMI is looking for a Senior Programme Manager to oversee the end to end quality project delivery of AMI partner programmes. This is a chance for an outstanding entrepreneurial leader to be part of Africa’s transformation, and to help shape, build and scale one of its most innovative social businesses.
- The Senior Programme Manager will be a part of the Client Success team to implement partner-based programmes under the AMI Impact unit. You will be a key player in a dynamic, global team focused obsessively on results.This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, leadership, and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation
- The individual must be a driven, organized, detail-oriented leader with great people and project-management skills and ability to manage complex programmes.
- Managing stakeholders in multiple AMI partner programmes, including customized/ more complex programmes, ensuring that programme deliverables are met within stringent timelines, client expectations are managed, while identifying stakeholder pain points, risks and proactively resolving them.
- Evaluating core learning outcomes and metrics within partner programmes, support the adaptation of design and delivery and ensure programme impact is realized.
- Arranging and leading regular internal project team meetings with internal stakeholders as a space to track key deliverables, problem-solve, address bottlenecks and update internal stakeholders on progress.
- Execute on agreed best practices for AMI client project management – including documented project plans, clear agendas for client and internal meetings, leading client kick offs including clarifying and documenting scope, high quality, insightful and accurate reporting in agreed templates, and strong management of client relationships.
- Supporting the Learner Success team by co-facilitating programme kick off sessions and being present for graduations.
- Developing and managing detailed project plans and monitoring the project scope throughout the life of the programme.
- Managing the budget after the internal kick-off by tracking and identifying shortfalls ahead of time, tracking the time element of the budget through time writing on AMI’s ERP system, managing external expenses such as facilitators, marketing, logistics for in person events etc., and liaising with Accounting once an invoice is ready for you to send to the client. (It’s acknowledged that all this would dependent on the timewriting set up on ERP and the budget read outs)
- Collaborating with AMI’s Impact team in capturing project outcomes, impact, lessons learned and regularly updating internal and external programme stakeholders.
- Manage all programme documentation, ensuring that programme data is organized, formatted and stored in an orderly manner.
- Maintaining accurate programme data, analyzing programme data and feedback to ensure core programme metrics and targets are being met
- Managing all client reporting requirements by creating and developing the reports, ensuring that the internal project team i.e; the Partnerships Manager, Learner Success Manager (s), and the Impact Manager, have reviewed the reports and shared their feedback if any, before submitting the reports to the client.
- Share learnings and insights during the Client Success collaboration sessions to inform future best team practices.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business consulting, company training, enterprise development or management education (essential)
- Proven programme management skills and experience (essential) especially with grant-funded programmes
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Facilitation experience (preferred)
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Extensive project management experience
- Strong report-writing skills
- Ability to understand AMI’s participants and implement learning experiences that enable the learner to achieve the desired learning outcome in a human centered and goal-oriented way
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Self-motivated, and able to take full ownership of own deliverables
- Solid time management skills ie. able to manage competing priorities and outputs
- Excellent project management skills
- Willing to learn and collaborate with peers and internal stakeholders at AMI
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity