Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Journalism jobs, Marketing jobs, Media jobs, Advertising jobs,
Regional Exams Communications Manager
- To manage the development and implementation of communications strategies for Exams across the Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) region including, external communications planning and delivery (media, PR, events) and stakeholder communications across all Strategic Business Units (SBUs). The Communications Manager will work closely with internal and external key stakeholders, implement strategies that strengthen and integrate Exams marketing initiatives to continue to engage current audiences, identify and attract new ones and create greater awareness of the British Council.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
This post will have the following core functions:
Strategy and Planning:
- Supports the development and implementation of the Exams communications strategy and plan, ensuring alignment to global communications strategy and plan.
- Manages the delivery of Exams external and internal communications campaigns, advice and activities, ensuring that messages are consistent and support regional and global communications strategies as part of overall Marketing strategy and plans.
- Provides strategic oversight in communicating the British Council’s Exams profile to internal and external stakeholders working closely with Country Directors.
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving
- Applies analytical approaches to identify and assess current state of communications, define opportunities for improvement, develop and implement agreed projects and initiatives, ensuring consistency with regional communications strategies, plans and approaches and global strategy where appropriate.
- Develops appropriate communications initiatives and interventions to support business needs, aligned to global and regional communications strategies, plans and approaches.
- Presents complex information clearly, producing tailored presentations, which convincingly influence decision-makers about the case for cluster communications initiatives.
- Ensures joined up planning and delivery of communications projects and initiatives.
- Ensures consistent application of agreed global communications and brand standards, templates and processes.
- Reviews impact and effectiveness of communications projects and initiatives and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Develops high quality and effective communications plans and solutions using established processes, tools and systems to ensure consistency.
Commercial & financial management
- Using agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the budget for certain communications projects and initiatives.
- Where required, conducts monthly and year-end reporting on progress against plan and deliverables, budget, and management of issues and risks.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Relevant degree e.g. communications, journalism, marketing, or equivalent level of experience
- Significant experience in managing communications within a large and complex organisation or agency
- Demonstrable experience in providing expert advice and guidance on internal and external communications
- Experience in managing and mitigating communications risks and issues
- Proven record of editorial experience (i.e. proofreading, translation, knowledge of different content types, etc.)
- Demonstrable creative approach to developing, implementing and evaluating communication activities
- Practical experience of using social media to extend reach of an organisation including through campaigns;
- Experience in a global organization
- Project management skills.