Public Health jobs,Business related jobs, Economics jobs, Engineering jobs,
Regional Coordinator, Health Security, Epidemic Preparedness and Response
- The Regional Health Security, Epidemic Preparedness and Response Coordinator will:
- Act as a central resource for IFRC in the Africa Region on specific knowledge and expertise in all-of society, multi-hazard approach to epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response.
- Lead regional knowledge development and evidence-informed practice generation in epidemic preparedness and response.
- Lead the development of regional strategies for epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response for the Red Cross network in Africa, linked to Health Security: Epidemic Preparedness and Response global flagship and the Africa Red Ready regional initiative.
- Lead the implementation of the Community Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness (CP3) programme in Africa, with technical support and oversight for programme staff, including training, tools, and learning development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership , Innovation and Quality Insurance:
- Lead the IFRC’s Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness support to National Societies in Africa Region including critical areas for early detection, early action, behaviour changes and organisational capacity across Africa region.
- Support the development of strategic responses and preparedness guidelines, indicators, plans, and didactic materials to improve health outcomes through enhanced epidemic preparedness and response.
- Provide guidance to IFRC country and country cluster delegations in supporting NS’ emergency health preparedness and response capacity strengthening, related to natural disasters and public health emergencies, consistent with their mandates and roles as agreed with national authorities.
- Promote critical thinking, innovative approaches and good practices for epidemic preparedness and response, including community-based surveillance and early action related to epidemic preparedness and response.
- Link preparedness and response interventions within the region by ensuring coordination between community-level activities and health ERU approaches and materials.
- Responsible for the overall direction and strategy of pandemic and epidemic preparedness programme, including developing tools, training materials, and lesson sharing.
- Lead the implementation of the global flagship on epidemic and pandemic preparedness.
- Contribute to the Public health component of the Red Ready Pan African Initiative.
Lead support to National Societies on implementation
- Lead the implementation of the USAID funded Community Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness (CP3) programme in Africa, including technical support and oversight of pandemic and epidemic preparedness programme staff.
- Represent the organisation in relevant inter-agency, internal coordination bodies, technical working groups, and donor meetings.
- Ensure lessons learned from CP3 are used to inform regional approaches to epidemic preparedness and response programming.
- Author policy papers, briefs and other strategic program materials for management use, information, and consideration.
- Use program resources (financial, administrative, and other assets) efficiently, complying with organisational rules, regulations, procedures, donor commitments, and standards.
Coordination and Partnerships
- Work with anticipatory action and Forecast based Financing counterparts to develop early action methodologies for public health preparedness and early response.
- Establish required links with the ‘One Health” initiative for engagement with environmental and animal health sectors in epidemic and pandemics preparedness.
- Build strategic partnerships with relevant counterparts through representation and networking, advocacy, and communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge and promote collaboration and alliances.
- Maintain active collaboration with disaster risk reduction, volunteer management and National Society development teams to improve outbreak preparedness and response.
- Initiate and lead regional emergency health preparedness initiatives, programs and support to health emergencies.
Contribution to an accountable and agile IFRC Health Team
- Provide regular progress reports on results towards objectives and risk analysis.
- Produce and analyse reports for management, donors and partners.
- Be flexible in work definition according to needs and targets and improve team efficiencies and effectiveness within available resources.
- Cultivate a co-creative environment with colleagues and an open and co-operative view of the actors in the external environment.
- An Advanced University Degree in public health, global/international health, epidemiology or other health-related sciences is required.
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Health – Outbreak and Emergency Management/Humanitarian Assistance
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in public health planning and management, health systems strengthening, or other relevant international health or humanitarian action areas.
- Experience in responding to epidemics
- Working with global health security and technical expertise related to infectious diseases
- Working in an international or cross-cultural environment, with demonstrated professional credibility in the sector
- Community-based programming in a developing context
- Experience working in a RC/RC National Society and/or Federation/ICRC is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- In-depth knowledge of public health policies, programmes and positioning, both in emergencies, unstable settings and development.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with the ability to coordinate activities and multitask
- Strong programme management skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the global health Security Agenda
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset, and ability to lead in unusual or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to experiment with and integrate emergency technology, skills, capacities, and digital culture into the work.
- Skilled in Health Information Systems and Surveillance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Manager, Global Humanitarian Services & Supply Chain Mgt – Africa
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be accountable to ensure the availability of all goods and services such as Cash and Goods-In-Kind (right quality, right price, right time) in close coordination with the global operational supply chain team, global procurement team and global fleet team.
- Assume full accountability for delivering best value for money for (region), oversight contract management for goods and services including cash modalities.
- Ensure KPIs for the operational logistics, procurement and supply chain function within the function are captured and reported to the senior management team on an ongoing basis.
- Define and monitor the efficiency, effectiveness and success of supply chain activities using adequate controlling tools.
- Support all IFRC emergency and programme operations with direct and technical logistics support as required.
- Pro-active coordination and delivery of National Society Logistics Development (NSLD) within the NSD, PER and OCAC approach
- Develop, communicate and make available proven value-for-money goods and service support to NS domestic programmes
- Reactive and proactive support to NS implementing and utilizing the suite of Logistics digital tools
Leadership and Networking:
- Manage internal relationship building to ensure cross-functional co-operation and integration which minimises risk and results in high quality technical solutions with supply chain practices.
- Provide leadership of Supply Chain in-line with Supply Chain Management strategy and goals through the development of Supply Chain strategy, annual and long-term plans, the delivery of measurable objectives and the development/implementation of a plan for the necessary internal communications.
- Develop, motivate and set performance annual and longer-term objectives for supply chain staff fully aligned with the short, medium and longer-term objectives, goals and targets set for (region).
- Where applicable work closely with the PSK Unit, particularly the Regional Emergency Supply Chain & Strategic Capacity Building Coordinator, ensuring that all networking actions are in line with Supply Chain plans.
- Identify gaps in the skills & competencies of regional operational supply chain team members and establish and implement personal development plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Compliance and Supply Chain Improvement:
- Support the improvement of the Supply Chain systems to enhance efficiency, compliance and processes.
- Ensure that all IFRC Supply Chain services are compliant with IFRC and Supply Chain policies and procedures (including procurement, logistics and fleet) and provide recommendation of best practice to enable consistent best value for money and operational service delivery.
- Ensure that supply chain delivers a supply chain service that understands and meets the needs of the IFRC, partners and services users, balancing service quality against best value for money. Evaluate continually and optimize the range and volume of available materials held both virtually and within warehouses where appliable to ensure the ability to meet on-going and unexpected relief requirements whilst minimizing inventory costs.
- Provide expert support to National Societies and IFRC to enhance and optimize operational supply chain services. Support the National Societies in building business case on supply chain services, including fleet.
- Facilitate implementation of Global/Regional Framework Agreements, identify and remove potential barriers in implementing GFA/RFA to ensure GFA/RFA are implemented and available regionally and globally.
Key areas of influence and key internal/external relationships include:
- Development of Supply Chain Hub medium terms goals, objectives and annual plans requiring the agreement of the Director: Global Humanitarian Services & Supply Chain Management and collaboration with relevant teams.
- Relationship building with partners and service users to ensure an effective and efficient logistics network for humanitarian service provision. Includes regular 2-way communication (media and language aligned to intended audiences) building understanding of the customer service support available and delivered and measuring and responding to customer satisfaction ratings.
- Provision of operational advice and coordinated technical HR mobilisation to National Societies to build supply chain capabilities and capacities, including fleet.
- Ensure good relationships with the different humanitarian stakeholders for strengthening the overall supply chain.
- Ensure a good relationship with local, national and regional officials.
- Full accountability and high autonomy in managing resources (people and budgets) including planning and managing operational procurement budget of over CHF50 million in order to deliver the agreed activities in line with the Federation’s policies and procedures.
- Drive the development of talents providing guidance on and support to personal development and career paths.
- University degree in Business, economics, Engineering, or other relevant experience in the area. (Required)
- Degree and/or post graduate qualification in logistics strategy and management. (Required)
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in managing complex international logistics and supply Chain operations. (Required)
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in field operations. (Required)
- Experience in managing resources (people and budget) in large scale operations. (Required)
- Experience of managing and integrating complex global supply chain services. (Required)
- Experience in setting up complex supply chain and logistics infrastructures. (Required)
- Experience in annual planning and strategy implementation in a global organization. (Required)
- Experience in establishing and managing the operational budget. (Required)
- Red Cross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience. (Required)
- Experience within the commercial sector including the development of effective. (Preferred)
- customer commercial and operational targets and relationships at global level. (Preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- In-depth knowledge of complex supply chain management. (Required)
- Drive for change and improvement and ability to deliver strategies in a challenging environment. (Required)
- Commercial acumen. (Required)
- Strong budget and financial management skills. (Required)
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment. (Required)
- Strong interpersonal skills and good understanding of the global organization. (Required)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks. (Required)
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills. (Required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide authoritative advice. (Required)
- Proven experience to carry out logistics assessments and set up large operations. (Required)
- Ability to work toward tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks. (Required)
- Fluently spoken and written English. (Required)
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) (Preferred).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates apply using the links below