Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Business Administration jobs,Product Management jobs, Sales and Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs,
Area Portfolio Manager
- Translate Region strategies into Area roadmap
- Drive area investment plans and own the IP memos.
- Understand competitive landscape and business implications; anlyze product competitiveness
- Drive the budgeting process for all products together with respective product managers.
- Drive and implement initiatives across the Area.
- Support & Collaborate with Area Business plan that aligns with Global strategy & Regional priority.
- Ensure key data on the East African Market is maintained and analyzed
- Ensure strategic decisions are backed with data
- Data analytics of existing and emerging customer trends and cargo flows.
- Cross product initiatives & collaboration.
- Project Management: i.e., workstreams leadership & follow up, ensure collaboration across L&S Products.
- Drive area Growth initiatives.
- Overall Product Performance Management, PnL protecti Support/TBC:
- Network development (CEN Network team).
- Investment (Area team, FBP).
- Data analytics – product performance (dashboard).
- Delivering on the product volume and financial targets
- Ensuring the area direction is aligned with the region
- Drafting and managing the Area Business Plan
- Delivering on the investment plan
- Data maintenance, analysis and use in strategic planning
- Drafting investment proposals and other strategic memos
- Area Business Plan
- Delivering in agreed investment plans
- OPR / QBR preparing and ensuring there is a clear narrative on area direction
- Quarterly budgeting process
- Alignment on area direction with key regional stakeholders
- Product strategies
- Vertical strategies
- Investment plans
- Area L&S Product Team
- Area Delivery, CX & Sales teams
- Region Portfolio team
- Other Area Portfolio Manager
- Regional and centre investment team
- Area Product manager
- Region Portfolio Manager (dotted line)
- Area Project Manager
- Master’s in business administration
- Experience in one of the top 4 consulting firms is preferred
- Experience with writing memos and reports of a strategic nature
- Results driven, strategic and analytical thinker
- Self starter and able to work with tight deadlines
- Strong aptitude with numbers
- Build a sound understanding of target customers and the assigned account base, working with these customers to identify pain points with a view of finding mutually beneficial solutions. Engage in consultative selling across all levels of the customers organization including the C-Suite
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence.
- Growth mindset and high change agility – has an ability to learn new things quickly and can adapt to and champion change with peers and others.
- Hunger – has an enthusiasm for his/her craft, is proactive in driving outcomes and getting things done. Has a high attention to detail.
- Collaboration – can bring people together in order to get the job done and or drive more meaningful solutions.
- Customer centricity – can develop deep insights on customer’s business by understanding their pain points and their supply chain goals to co-create solutions
- Responsible to maintain quality hygiene salesforce standards
- Ensure that opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling are identified based on a deep understanding of the customer’s business model and pain points.
- Develop value propositions which address the pain points across the entire supply chain.
- Develop Account plans outlining the growth opportunities and strategic engagement with these customers with specific initiatives.
- Communicates significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- 3 + Proven Years of experience in a commercial role within the logistics industry with role in developing solutions for customers in Retail.
- Strong understanding of supply chain and Sales through education or work experience.
- Previous business development experience preferred, with a sound understanding of logistics and solutions selling.
- Proficiency in English is a Must.
- Great relationship building skills, customer oriented.
- Excellent communication, and stakeholder management skills, as well as an ability to be both persuasive and influential.
- Self- motivated and performance driven.
Technical and Personal Skills:
- Ability to engage in consultative selling with customers.
- Ability to articulate value creation by providing integrated solutions combining the Maersk products and services.
- Experience within the Chemicals, Retail, Auto & Lifestyle vertical is an added advantage.
- A strong continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, independent starter who is also a good team player.
- Strong analytical skills.