Project Management jobs, Administration jobs,
Deputy Project Coordinator
- Contribute to the analysis of the political, humanitarian, economic and social context in project area in order ensure that MSF’s charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
- Contributes to the planning, supervision, monitoring and follow-up, together with the PC, of all aspects of the projects, according to the project plan, MSF operational policy and main strategic lines.
- Participate in the security management in the project, updating the security guidelines.
- Upon request of the PC, represents MSF within the project limits (local authorities, media, governmental and non-governmental bodies, etc.) and negotiates collaboration agreements. Legal representation is not delegable unless legally backed up (powers of attorney, etc.)
- Support the PC in planning and organizing project’s human resources, participate in their day-to-day management, in the induction of new staff, undertake evaluation of staff under his/her direct supervision and define training needs accordingly.
- Participate in exploratory missions according to the PC’s indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
In view to all crucial aspect / stakes to cover linked to the complexity of Dagahaley activities, below is the salient objectives to focus on for this specific Job Profile.
Involvement on specific supports to finance department
- Responsible of the project safe
- Focal point for Cash transfers from Coordo -> Project & Safe -> Cash register
- Responsible for Weekly/Monthly cash count with the accountant
- Signatory back-up on upon request for budget holders
- Security follow-up (Radio operator, Communication, Logbook, Road maps…)
- Security Guidelines updates. TSF for movements, Sireps
- Provides analysis of the current relevant Security context in the area and shares knowledge with the Project coordinator
- Maintains a network of relevant information sources for context analysis ( political/ security/etc..)
- Security rules complaince (Compound / Hospital)
- Maintain contacts with the community (host community, refugees…) in order to optimize security monitoring
- MSF representative in meetings with security actors / partners
Camp Context Evolution & Advocacy
- Camp demography evolution (VolRep, Relocation, Deregistration)
- Monitor and report on humanitarian issues of concern as per the agreed advocacy objectives
- Keeps informed about evolutions regarding the Garissa Integrated Socio-Economic Development Plan (GISEDP), the Marshall Plan and other plans relevant to the Refugee context
- MSF representative in meetings with actors/partners
Community focal Point ( Refugee & Host community):
- In absence of the Project coordinator is the formal representative of MSF for all communications with the Host and Refugee communities
- Organises regular meetings with all community representatives and with the Health committee members
Programmatic and Operational support
- Supports the Project Coordinator in the rollout of strategic operational changes
- Represents the Project Coordinator in meetings regarding operational strategies with other partners ( UNHCR/DRS/etc..)
- Supports the Project Coordinator in the dissemination of the information about operational changes to all stakeholdes (communities, partners, etc..)
- Focal point for all topics / issues related to MSF compound
- Responsible for compound rules respect (security…)
- Meetings with the residents/staffs compound
Exploratory MSF missions participation
- Follow-up humanitarian needs in NEP region (Outbreak, displaced populations…)
- Participation in exploratory MSF mission on request
Ensure the back up of the tasks of the Project Coordinator Support when this person is not present.
Ensure periodic reporting to the Project Coordinator
- Preferably a medical or paramedical qualification or university-level studies.
- Desirable degree in Project Management or HR Management.
- Essential previous experience of at least 2-5 years required in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential working experience in Kenya
- Essential operational experience in highly insecure context
- Swahili, English and Somali language are mandatory for this profile
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office and Internet)
- Strategic vision.
- People Management.
- Team work.
Personnel Administration Manager
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Know labour legislation in force in Kenya; keep her/himself informed of any amendment made in labour legislation by regularly checking legislation sources and/or regularly meeting with lawyer, other local authorities at this level.
- Know all MSF policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles regarding all staff’ (national, international, regional, etc.) working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc., adapts them to the Mission reality and ensures an equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the Mission.
- Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff is employed according to local legislation, MSF HR vision, values and principles.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place in order to ensure they are aware and respect their rights and duties and to inform them of any change in Labour legislation and general employment framework which may affect them (i.e. legal amendments, changes in local practices, new HR-Admin policies or procedures, amendments to Internal Regulations, etc.).
- In liaison with the HRCo, ensure that all functions and job profiles at Mission level meet with the Mission’s function grid and are aligned with MSF Standard Job Profiles and Function Grid, and that any new function or amendment to an existing one (including significant changes in responsibilities and/or mixing existing functions) are requested in validated by HQ. Identifies deviations and shares them with HRCo in order to draw an action plan in case corrections are needed/convenient.
- Is responsible to ensure that National Staff remuneration (salary, post adjustments, compensations, final settlements, etc,) and benefits (holidays, leaves, social coverage, health coverage, etc.) meet with the Mission’s salary grid validated by HQ, Internal Regulations and HR policies, ensuring MSF acts as a responsible employer at any time.
- Is responsible for the management of cleaner/ housekeeper under his/her supervision.
- Actively participates in the recruitment and interviews of national staff, when needed.
- In close coordination with the Financial Coordinator, ensures fulfilment of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at Mission level, checks that monthly declaration forms for taxes and employee/employer social security contributions are correct and sends them to the Financial Department. .
- Informs HRCo in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps HRCo informed at any time.
- Ensure that MSF, as an employer, as well as all MSF employees comply with safety and risk prevention measures as stated by local legislation and/or MSF standard policies and procedures.
- Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files at Mission level, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents upon request of HRCo, and ensuring preparedness in case of evacuation.
- Upon request of the HRCo, maintain regular contact with ministries, national administrations, other MSF sections and other NGOs to improve/keep up to date with administrative practices.
- Knows Homère in depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the Mission, being her/himself the Missions’ technical reference in absence of a person specifically in charge of the system.
- Ensure, in close collaboration with HRCo, IMU where applicable and Logistics department, that all international and internal movements in the Mission are properly managed (work permits, visas, tickets, per diem when necessary, dates of arrival/departure, etc.), and ensures proper accommodation conditions (i.e. room, food, etc.) by informing all relevant people/departments.
- Support in organizing trainings done locally.
- Follow up with different departments to ensure annual leave planning is done. Manage any other leave requested and ensure policies are respected including request for proof, where necessary
- Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of work permits, legal status for international staff working in the mission.
- In close collaboration with the HRCo, ensure proper management of the “MSF” houses and keep an updated status of all leases/ contracts/ agreements with the owners.
- Follow up the management of kitchen and guesthouse sundries.
- Follow up of medical coverage for all staff by ensuring all eligible staff + dependants are added to the medical cover and/or cancelled upon termination of contract of the staff (where applicable); maintain an updated list of the medical scheme; follow up of utilization reports from the insurance;
- Support the MedCo on any administrative follow up/ needed on medical evacuations to the mission
Qualifications & Requirements:
Education: Essential, diploma/degree in administration related studies
Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years in HR & administration. Desirable working experience in MSF is in asset or other INGOs in developing country(ies).
Skills/ Competences: People Management, Flexibility, Results, Teamwork.; Commitment to MSF Principles; Result Oriented; Culturally Sensitive;
Knowledge: Computer literate (MS Office Suite); Homere software knowledge is an added advantage.
Language: Proficiency in written and oral English & Kiswahili.