Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
ICT jobs, Telecommunication jobs,
Security Engineer – Ubuntu
What You’ll Do
- Analyze, fix, and test vulnerabilities in Ubuntu packages.
- Keep track of vulnerabilities in Ubuntu releases as they are discovered, researched and fixed (using internal software tools).
- Collaborate with other teams in the Ubuntu community and with upstream developers where appropriate, to exchange or develop vulnerability patches and make sure that Ubuntu includes the very best security features.
- Audit source code for vulnerabilities.
Who You Are
- You have a thorough understanding of the common categories of security vulnerabilities and techniques for fixing them.
- You are familiar with coordinated disclosure practices.
- You are familiar with open source development tools and methodologies.
- You are skilled in one or more of C, Python, go, Rust, Java, Ruby or PHP.
- You have excellent logic, problem-solving, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills.
- You can clearly and effectively communicate with the team and Ubuntu community members.