M-PESA Africa jobs, Procurement jobs, Supply Chain jobs, Computer Science jobs, Engineering jobs, Telecommunications jobs, ICT jobs, Supply chain management jobs,
M-Pesa Africa – Senior Manager Supply Chain
About M-PESA Africa
- M-PESA Africa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-PESA has now grown to offer >50 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
- M-PESA Africa is currently supporting 6 markets and scaling with a mission to build a ONE M-PESA, the largest FinTech and digital ecosystem in Africa by 2025.
- The Finance and Operations team at M-PESA Africa works with the M-PESA leadership across our 7 Operating countries to co-create the product strategy, drive thought leadership, design new products and features, set commercial priorities with the engineering teams and lead business development for strategic multi-country partnership opportunities. M-PESA Africa is now making strides to deepen and strengthen its offering to consumers and businesses in our operating countries, making it easier for them to manage their money and get more from their limited resources. The financial services portfolio spans credit, savings, wealth management and insurance.
- The core purpose of the role is the development of effective and transparent procurement processes, development of supplier partnerships and contract management processes to achieve high standards of quality, supplier performance and security of supply, continuous management of costs of supply to maintain competitive levels and development of staff to achieve career goals, to optimize value from the total procurement spend for the company.
Key Responsibilities; –
- Development and maintenance of procurement policies and procedures to support business objectives and to promote competitiveness, fairness, and good corporate governance.
- Development of strategies to guide the way the company purchases each category of spend to optimize value, achieve supply efficiency as well lowest process costs and supply risk management for each category.
- Develop and maintain a framework for establishing and managing relationships with suppliers that enables suppliers’ performance to be measured and improved continuously, that enables suppliers to propose and progress cost and quality improvement initiatives, and that promotes good corporate governance and win-win relationships.
- Develop and maintain systems and processes for all aspects of order fulfillment and third-party logistics.
- Maintain process standards that ensure early risk management, promote best value propositions from suppliers, identify best alternatives among offers and is transparent to both the company and the suppliers.
Apply if you have:
- Translates business requirements into viable commercial models.
- Evaluates potential impact on the business of supplier proposals.
- Shares and applies category-specific supplier market intelligence to enhance business decisions.
- Uses appropriate tools and techniques to develop and implement strategic Category Plans.
- Uses structured approach to achieve agreements that are successful for M-PESA Africa.
- Demonstrates a range of behavioral techniques to achieve agreements that are successful for M-PESA Africa Contract Management.
- Builds and implements effective commercial contracts and understands the legal implications.
- Applies knowledge of the ethical and legal environment to safeguard M-PESA Africa’s interests.
Working with partners
- Works effectively with suppliers and partners to influence their plans and maximize value delivery from the relationship.
- Uses effective tools and techniques to translate business requirements into accurate plans and schedules.
- Optimizes inbound goods, stock holding and distribution processes to minimize risk and meet customer demand.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Technology, Engineering, Business, or similar qualification.
- At least a Graduate Diploma Qualification in Supply chain management or similar qualification.
- At least 7 years’ direct experience in procurement and vendor management all with responsibility for procurement policy development, procurement performance management and supplier partnership develop in an environment leveraging ERP capabilities for procurement-related functions and processes.
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills.
Support Engineer – Financial Services IT
- Reporting to the Engineering Lead – Financial Services IT, the position holder will be responsible for improving existing solutions, providing technical support, troubleshooting, and monitoring financial solutions applications to ensure 99.999% availability of the system.
- Technical support duties include but not limited to architecture reviews and optimization, incident handling, detailed root cause analysis, problem management, configuration management, automation of routine tasks, documentation, and operational acceptance compliance.
- Ensure data and/or application availability of the assigned systems and applications.
- Participate in design, testing and implementation of new products, services, functionalities, or upgrades
- Provide support for financial solutions which includes MPESA and integrations
- Perform Systems and Applications Monitoring
- Maintain knowledge base by documenting technical knowledge
- Collaborate with team members to improve the tools, systems, and procedures
- Participate and provide input to the M-PESA roadmap to ensure timely delivery of relevant products to Safaricom Customers.
- Work with the external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all system issues
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g: containerization
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure new functionality, processes and systems are fully understood
- Transfer system knowledge to internal customers on new features and support processes
- Prepare and publish accurate and timely system performance reports
- Perform regular service improvements that align with 99.999% availability
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues on the assigned systems and apply a work around or a permanent solution to resolve ensuring the MTTR is met
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal or external teams and follow up to ensure they are satisfactorily closed
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to stakeholders on assigned tasks
- Ensure all issues are logged in the service management tool and are properly prioritized and also accurately log resolution details in the ticket
Qualifications – External
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field as a minimum
- 2 years of work experience as an engineer in a telecommunications or financial services environment
- Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Software development skills in Java, python, Angular JS etc
- Knowledge in ITIL Service Operations processes and Agile methodology. Certification in Scrum fundamentals is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge in dev ops and dev ops tools like Github
- Knowledge in mobile money systems, integrations or financial systems
- Must be able to work without supervision & meet tight deadlines/schedules
- Good presentation skills
- Proactive & self-motivated
Last Date to Apply: Jun 21, 2023