NGO jobs, International Development jobs, MEAL jobs, DRC jobs,
MEAL Coordinator (BORESHA NABAD)
Overall purpose of the role
DRC is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to lead on monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning within the BORESHA programme. The role will be responsible for ensuring effective MEAL systems and tools are in place, and are adopted by field teams, partners and other implementing agencies.
Coordinate and provide oversight on the implementation of effective monitoring systems
- Develop and implement a comprehensive MEAL plan that aligns with the project’s goals and objectives.
- Design monitoring systems, data collection tools, and information management approaches that are in line with the organizational MEAL Model.
- Review and provide technical input into the development of log frames/results frameworks and Indicator Tracking Tables, and ensuring these are updated continually.
- Collaborate with the Partnership and Sub-Award Coordinator, lead on assessing partner MEAL capacity and the development and delivery of MEAL capacity strengthening initiatives
- Develop project-specific indicators ensuring they are specific, measurable, relevant to the project’s objectives, and in line with the grant’s management tools
- Orient the teams on MEAL systems, processes, and tools; Build the capacity of field teams on monitoring and quality reporting
- Continuously track results against agreed program indicators targets; Regularly disseminate project outputs and findings with technical leads of the PMU and other relevant project staff working in the country offices
- Provide oversight on data management efforts, continuously QA the quality of data collection and data entry and provide feedback geared towards improving data quality
- Ensure compliance with DRC global guidelines on data protection
- Undertake field visits as part of physical monitoring and conduct verification of the project activities
Plan, organize, and oversee the evaluation process
- Provide technical guidance on the design and implementation of evaluations, surveys and other assessments
- Develop TORs for cross-cutting evaluations and assessments, review country office assessment TORs and support external evaluation consultancies
- Work with country office and agency MEAL Coordinators to plan for and conduct assessments and other internal surveys
- Lead regular sharing of the outputs and the M&E findings with project staff across the consortium, working closely with the technical leads from each agency
Establish and strengthen accountability mechanisms
- Provide guidance on the establishment and management of mechanisms that collect feedback and complaints from the community and other stakeholders
- Consolidate findings from the country office accountability systems and disseminate lessons learnt periodically with the implementing staff and Chief of Party
Promote continuous learning and improvement
- Periodically compile lessons learned, document best practices, and produce briefs in collaboration with colleagues, ensuring that the PMU and Technical Leads are consistently updated and action plans for improvement are shared.
- Collaborate with colleagues and agencies to produce lessons learnt briefs and disseminate these with the PMU and Technical Leads
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years experience of INGO or other international organization
- Demonstrated understanding & experience in MEAL within complex international development contexts and geographies
- Experience with coordinating and working collaboratively with humanitarian agencies, partners and stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well planned and organized and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player with demonstrated leadership and participatory manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international development, economics, or other relevant fields.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential, fluency in Somali an advantage
- Contract length: One year, renewable.
- Employment Category: Band NM G1
- Start date: April 2024
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Reporting Line: Chief of Party.