Accounting jobs, Finance jobs, Public Administration jobs, Business Administration jobs,
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with Resources Management Officer (RMO), monitor the financial
management for all activities in Somalia including the financial expenditure and accountability.
- Initiate and undertake financial analysis and file reports of all activities for the projects. Draft
donor financial reports and assist in ensuring that all commitments are cleared from the project.
- Assist in financial forecasting during project implementation phases and ensure all
commitments of the project are actively monitored.
- Contribute to the establishment of a project-level budget monitoring and reporting system,
monitor budget expenditures, and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and
their revisions. Check accuracy of supporting documents.
- Respond to queries as appropriate with respect to financial aspects of the projects, liaise with
external auditors wherever required.
- Undertake quality control checks on monthly accounts, ensure that all open items including
bank reconciliations are cleared in a timely manner and review other financial matters with
banks and vendors.
- Supervise and provide eligibility costs guidance to relevant Finance and Admin Assistants
working under the project with recommendations and follow-up for changes in internal control
- Maintain the financial reporting system to ensure timely provision of information to relevant
units within the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in close coordination with Head of
- Review payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects
consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
- Liaise with relevant units at HQ and RO Nairobi with regards to the budgetary and financial
activities of the Country Office.
- Ensure that all administrative and budget related programme activities and procedures are
- Assist the Head of Resources Management in facilitation of internal and external/projects
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or a
related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA),
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified
Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in finance, accounting and administration in the humanitarian assistance and
complex setting; or emergency programmes;
- Practical experience in IOM or an intergovernmental field-based organization and
administrative and financial management, budget monitoring and internal control procedures;
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports, supervising staff and coordinating
- Previous experience in the region an advantage.
- Ability to prepare concise and clear reports.
- High level of computer literacy especially in computerized accounting systems and software.
- Knowledge of IOM/UN regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).