Project Management jobs, Healthcare jobs, Medical jobs,
GBV Project Officer
- The role of this position is to provide coordination, technical and day to day operational leadership for field level implementation of the prevention and awareness-raising of gender-based violence projects. The Post holder will oversee the implementation of the project initiatives in close collaboration with respective National and County Governments and key project stakeholders implementing GBV activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Technical support for the project
- To support the overall implementation of the projects/interventions including reporting, financial management and monitoring in the various project sites.
- Support project implementation in the various project sites and ensure it is effectively integrated with county health and development plans, systems and service delivery structures;
- Ensure that project volunteers and staff have the necessary tools for implementation of the planned community work including relevant adapted IEC materials.
- Support in planning and conducting capacity building initiatives for volunteers, CHVs and health care workers to support the implementation of project activities including support to trained resource persons in the implementation of GBV interventions at the community level
- Support in the documentation of different interventions on the good practices, case studies and lessons learnt for purposes of gender equality programming and knowledge sharing with other implementing partners in contributing to a collection of replicable good practices.
- Compile and prepare quality monthly and periodic project progress reports, as well as the final report, and feed in other information as required.
- Facilitate and organize education sessions aimed at creating awareness and building the capacity of the target community to implement social mobilization and violence prevention strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of GBV Standard Operating Procedures for all sites that enable all survivors to access, at a minimum, appropriate health and legal support.
- Mapping of external actors providing services to survivors of gender-based violence in project implementation sites and ensuring effective referral pathways on the available services and the survivors’ needs.
- Familiarize with local issues related to Gender-Based Violence and support in the development of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) materials on GBV prevention to develop feasible ways to influence positive change.
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors internally and externally to advocate for gender-sensitive programming.
- Ensure compliance of project to relevant KRCS and MoH policies, strategies and standards.
- Ensure compliance with project donor agreements and project proposals, particularly expected results, outputs and activities in accordance with log frames and timeframes.
- Ensure proper management and accountability of funds in line with financial and budgetary policies and procedures to reflect the actual situation in implementation and suggest adjustments when necessary.
Networking and coordination
- Strengthen coordination with governments, civil society and communities, to prevent, mitigate, and respond to GBV, to promote gender equality, protection and inclusion through community-based approaches in GBV programming.
- Participate and co-organize meetings, workshops and technical working groups on Gender-Based Violence
- Establish and foster Partnerships in the respective counties to advance the project goal and advocate for gender-sensitive programming.
Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participate in the development and implementation of the project M&E strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of programme activities to identify gaps, constraints and challenges that should be taken into account in order to develop and implement more innovative and integrated programming for each target population.
- Provide technical support on program and M&E initiatives, including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, proper data collection, data verification and audits and storage; and ensuring timely feedback to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Conduct monthly review and verification of the reports from the project timely development of reports and analysis of results to incorporate lessons learnt into recommendations into the programme.
- Monitor project implementation to ensure timely and quality implementation of project vis-à-vis approved work plans, targets and contracts and organize periodic joint grant review performance review meetings
- Ensure realization of verifiable and full reporting for all contract deliverables and the project realizes full contract compliance in relation to M&E functions
- Degree / Masters in Gender and Development, Social Science, Public Health
- At least five (5) years’ Work experience, preferably with an NGO and or MoH in GBV related programs
- Skills and experience in mental health and psychosocial support desirable
- In-depth experience and understanding of health/humanitarian programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls in humanitarian programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and implementation of multi-sectorial responses to GBV
- Demonstrated experience in the field of GBV prevention, mitigation and response
- Project management skills including Project Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting
- Strong experience in GBV programming, management, trends and goals at national and regional levels aimed at preventing and managing GBV issues
- Demonstrated technical experience in project planning and budgeting as well as programme monitoring and evaluation
- Strong proposal writing skills on GBV related issues
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including the ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establish productive relationships; treat individuals with fairness and respect
- Experience in cross-cutting issues; mental health, child protection.