Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Computer Science jobs, Information Systems Management jobs,Production jobs,
eHealth DevOps Engineer
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization that provides assistance to people affected by conflicts, epidemics, and natural or human-made disasters and excluded from healthcare. We provide this assistance without discrimination, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Rationale/Objective for Position
- MSF OCB (Operational Centre of Brussels) ICT unit delivers ICT services to MSF field teams (approx. 6000 users) in about 40 countries around the world and to +/- 500 users in Headquarters. In a rapidly evolving digital landscape, the OCB ICT unit is a field-centric and people-inspired team and our vision is to “digitally empower MSF to improve our humanitarian and medical impact”. It aims to provide and support MSF with a “fit-for-purpose, reliable and secure digital ecosystem that is responsive to MSF operational and organisational needs”. It enables new and more effective ways of working; enhances transversal collaboration between functional departments, supports exploration and innovation.
- Integrated within the ICT DevOps team, as an eHealth devops engineer you will support your colleagues in the eHealth unit and the countries where we have deployed our principal applications, Bahmni and DHIS2, on Linux. The eHealth team is responsible for the functional and user-facing aspects of our health information systems and medical databases. You will work with the eHealth Project Managers and Technical Advisors on the requirements definition, development, configuration, test development, user acceptance testing, user training, deployment and long-term maintenance and services. The job is based in our regional office in Nairobi, Kenya. You will be involved in the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC) of new and existing eHealth projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
We expect you to collaborate closely with the other members of the team (program/project managers, integrators/developers) and even with senior users:
- Assist the eHealth team in defining the strategies and roadmap for eHealth applications.
- Provide technical advice to the eHealth team.
- Act as 3rd line technical support on the eHealth projects.
- Evolve our application environment towards best practices.
- Implement and support technical implementation of eHealth solutions.
- Support functional stakeholders in market intelligence and vendor selection.
- Supporting Mobile Implementation officers and/or the eHealth applications administrators.
- During field trips troubleshoot, provides functional and operational support and monitors eHealth applications.
- Proactively collaborate on eHealth related technologies with relevant actors across the MSF movement.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields, or equivalent workforce experience.
- Experience of at least 5 years in devops or system administration.
- Experience with MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts will be an advantage.
- Languages: good command of English; French is an asset.
- You are autonomous, self-organized, pragmatic, flexible, and a team player.
- You can adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- You are an active listener capable of challenging given situations with adequate methodology, and with a strong. ability to synthesize, and good at communicating.
- You are curious and a fast learner; you are open to share your ideas.
- You’re a good generalist.
- Familiarity with project management concepts and methodologies is an asset.
- Familiarity with documentation systems and collaboratives tools is an asset.
- Must have knowledge of Bahmni, OpenMRS, and DHIS2.
- Must have knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Should have knowledge of Linux, Docker, CI/CD principles, version control using Git.
- Should have knowledge of the Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, and DNS.
- Experience in database design, administration, reporting, and analysis of data needs is a plus.
- Experience with web & application servers (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx) is an asset.
- Experience with middleware technologies & patterns is an asset.
- Experience of Web Services: REST, SOAP is an asset.
Objectives of the position
Oversees all photo/video production for MSF Operational Communications team
Provides advice on ways to optimise visual in Operational Communications , digital platforms, and in external Media and events.
Produces visual material; photo and film, for the Operational Comms team, serving the entire OCA portfolio.
Oversees the production of the Visual material that is produced in a timely manner in emergencies and increases generating visual materials from the field in real time.
Produces Visual material – photo and film video for OCA operational communications content in collaboration with internal teams and briefs external professionals when needed.
Contracting and working with external producers and editors.
Supports and advises country-based staff with regards to all elements of Visual communication, including photo usage rights, ethics, photo editing and & clearance process, helps develop the capacity if Field staff in regard to visual literacy and ethical guidelines.
Produces quality visual materials for the MSF principled communication framework “Telling it as it is”.
Improves sharing of images and productions both within the movement (with other MSF operation centers and partner sections) and with external audiences.
Contributes to archiving materials in the MSF image database.
Works closely with communication advisors ( CAs ) on Comms initiatives and themes, to ensure material is produced in line with strategic advocacy objectives . Supports communications advisors on visual content for ad hoc or urgent / emergency communications.
Networks with photographers and other NGOs, use international photo exhibitions , festivals etc. , to build awareness about MSF.
Project manager for mid/long term AV productions together with external partnerships.
Is part of the international MSF AV platform and works together with other OCs and offices.
Briefing, training and mentoring of AV for country-based communications positions
Plans and prioritises tasks and projects for visual content productions in cooperation with operational communications coordinator.
- Around 5 years experience in the relevant roles within the Audio-Visual production , project management and editing.
- Strong networking and negotiation skills – an existing international ( global wide ) network of AV producers and photographers is an asset.
- Strong cross- cultural awareness and sensitivity – we deal with very sensitive contexts and have to protect the rights and dignity of the people in our audio-visual material at all times.
- Strong interpersonal – and intercultural communication skills.
- Committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees , committed to (diversity, Inclusion and equity – DEI principles).
- Experienced and knowledge able in different AV software such as Premiere, and basic video & sound recording . Experience with Lightroom, Canva, Photoshop.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and fluency in one other language ( Arabic , French, Russian, Spanish, Swahili) are a prerequisite.
- Aware of new formats and trends in the digital, AV/Media industry.
- Experience in recruiting , onboarding and training.
- Experience overseeing AV production (Project Management as a plus).
- Experience in producing and writing scripts for digital platforms – creativity (thinking outside of the box) and curiosity to experiment with new formats.
- Able to juggle priorities and work under pressure and tight deadlines.