Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Administration jobs,
Administrative Assistant – CALP Network
- Are you an excellent planner, communicator, and organiser? Do you seek to make positive change through your work? If so, then we’re looking for you! Come and help us to maximize the potential that humanitarian cash and voucher assistance can bring to populations affected by crisis. In this position you will play a key role in ensuring optimal productivity of CALP’s work in the East and Southern Africa region. In return, you will work within a dynamic and friendly team, meet and interact with amazing people throughout the region, and access rich opportunities to develop new competencies.
- The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Regional Team and engages with the wider CALP team globally. The role requires attention to detail coupled with excellent organisational skills and great interpersonal skills to get things done efficiently. This is an important role that enables the whole team to be at its best.
- CALP is a dynamic global network of over 90 organisations engaged in the critical areas of policy, practice and research in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) and financial assistance more broadly. As a CALP team, we work with and for the CALP network – keeping our vision front and centre. We mobilise the membership and the wider network to look for collective solutions to collective problems.
- Support the planning and management of events, mostly on-line and occasionally face-to-face. This includes platform facilitation, technical support for on-line meetings, registration management, note-taking, etc.
- Support procurement and logistical processes, liaising with host agency staff and tracking progress to ensure timely completion of processes; resolving any issues as may arise.
- Support grant management by updating trackers and assisting with grant related administration.
- Provide clerical support to the team, including note taking, the maintenance of contact lists, electronic filing etc.
- Track payments and follow-up as necessary, ensuring correct coding and timely processing.
- Deal with general enquiries, for example, helping people connect with CWGs; signposting to CVA resources; responding to training enquiries.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and a persistent mindset to resolve issues.
- Good communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good computer skills.