NGO jobs, Project Management jobs, Public Health jobs, Human Nutrition jobs, Engineering & Technical jobs, Healthcare jobs,
Senior Technical Officer – Adolescent Nutrition
About the Role
- As a Technical Officer – Adolescent Nutrition, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the planning, implementation, and monitoring of our adolescent nutrition program. You will provide technical assistance, quality assurance, and coordination across various aspects of program development, stakeholder engagement, policy analysis, and project management. Your expertise will be crucial in advancing our mission to improve the health and well-being of adolescents in the region.
- Plan and deliver technical advisory inputs for program and research planning, implementation, monitoring, assessment, and reporting.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance to Nutrition International staff and partners, addressing challenges during program implementation.
- Support the development of program components and Terms of Reference, considering gender equality issues and informed by gender analysis.
- Engage in stakeholder mapping and development of a stakeholder engagement plan to ensure meaningful involvement in the adolescent nutrition strategy.
- Coordinate regional technical briefings and communications to partners, fostering networks and collaboration for best practice sharing.
- Review, analyze, and synthesize regional policies and data related to adolescent nutrition, contributing to evidence-informed decision making.
- Manage project budgets, reports, and consultant recruitment and onboarding.
- Postgraduate degree in Public Health, Human Nutrition, Sexual and Reproductive Health, or related field.
- Qualification or training in Adolescent Health and Nutrition is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Public Health and Nutrition in the Africa Region.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Adolescent and Women’s Health and Nutrition programs or related fields.
- Strong understanding of gender equality issues and experience in regional and international development work.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of French languages is desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Proficiency in data analytics and understanding of public health indicators.
- Commitment to teamwork, networking, and negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving and innovative thinking.
- Strong project management skills.