Education jobs, Teaching jobs,
Senior Lecturer – Hospitality Management
Basic job summary:
This position is responsible for the provision of high-quality and relevant learning opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students with a strong focus on contributing to academic research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver high-quality learning experiences for undergraduate and graduate students through the preparation of teaching materials, the preparation of class methodology or activities, and the actual delivery of the curriculum in class.
- Keep abreast of developments within the academic discipline or professional practice of the Subject area, and share this knowledge to shape curriculum content, design, and delivery.
- Ensure that content, methods of delivery and learning materials meet the defined learning objectives and that they are regularly reviewed for opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure timely student assessment through the preparation, moderation, administration and marking of examinations.
- Guide students at undergraduate and graduate level in identifying research topics, concept development, proposal development and supervision.
- Ensure that accurate student records, including registers, reports, student assessment and achievement are updated in the Academic Management System.
- Identify sources of funding through grant writing to advance research portfolio at the school.
- Engage in publishing papers as well as attending, participating, presenting papers in workshops, conferences and professional seminars.
- Collaborate with other researchers internally, nationally and internationally, for purposes of establishing research linkages and contribute to attainment of the school’s research
- Responsible for administrative duties when called for including at not limited to leadership of academic programmes, membership of different committees, or being part of the management of the school.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Must possess a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or equivalent Doctoral degree qualification from an accredited and recognized university.
- They should have minimum five (5) years teaching experience both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, three (3) of which must be at Lecturer level.
- They must have supervised at least three (3) post-graduate students to completion since last promotion.
- They should have a minimum of thirty-two (32) publications points since last promotion, of which at least twenty-four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals.
- At least 5 years’ experience in active research with evidence of continuing research activity.
- At least 3 years’ experience in graduate level supervision.
Competencies and Attributes
- Grant Writing
- Excellent communication skills
- People skills
- Dynamic and innovative
- Team player
- Good supervisory and managerial skill
- Should uphold a sense of ethics and integrity]
Method of Application
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Senior Lecturer STH” on the subject line to email@example.com by 22 nd December 2023.